Chapter 51

-Reiner POV-

"Reiner, wake up you idiot. If you don't, Eren will kill more people. You have to wake up and stop him. I'll take Falco to a safe place, so you don't have to worry about him. Just think about that you'll owe me one"

'Nora? Why am I hearing your voice? Why are you here? Don't leave me, please'
"Reiner!"
'Gabi? Falco?'

"Nora!" I shouted when I woke up.
"What? Bad dream?" it was Galliard. "Oh, how I wish all of this had been a dream"
He was drinking, I was laying in the medical ward, Pieck was there too...

"I heard Nora, Gabi and Falco calling to me" I said when I began to remember. "Are they safe? Where are they?" I grabbed my necklace with Nora's hair in it.
'She had been here, and she didn't kill me. She even made sure Falco was away so I could fight...'

"They're gone" said Pieck. "Commander Magrath did tell me the grey haired girl made sure Falco was safe"
"Apparently, Reiner. The big love of your life is an Ackerman" said Galliard and I was surprised.

"She told the Commander the name she was supposed to have as a child was Eleanor Ackerman" said Pieck.
"Eleanor?" I said and held the necklace tighter. "She saved me again"
"Yeah, well, Gabi ran off and Falco followed her of course. So no one knows where they are now" said Galliard. "3 Ackermans are a pain in the ass"

-Nora POV-

Mikasa and Armin wanted to go to speak with Premier Zachery. And I wasn't about to let them go alone, so I went with them.
Apparently, Floch and some other recruits had leaked information about Eren's capture to the people. So the gates were closed and people were yelling at the military.

I saw Hitch. "Hey, Hitch, what's all this now?" I asked.
"Oh, not with Annie today?" she teased and I rolled my eyes.
"Like you're any different" I said.

"Well, apparently there are protests like this outside every local military base" she said.
"Hey Hitch! Lend us a hand, will you?" shouted an MP.
"Oh, crap. Guess I have work to do. See you later, Nora, Armin" said Hitch and ran off.

"Armin, Nora!" shouted Mikasa and ran to us.
"There you are" I said.
"Glad to see you made it in" said Armin.

"Yeah, we need to make use of this time while we have it. Let's go" she said and we went to Premier Zachery his office.
But on the way we saw 3 new recruits of the Scouts.
'What are they doing here?'

~

"I hear Hanji's been roaming all over the place" said Zachery.
"Yes, the Commander's been looking into a few leads we dug up" said Armin.
"I know. I gave the Commander permission to take one of the detained volunteers. But... I'm afraid I can't give you two permission to meet Eren" said Zachery.

"Why not, sir?" I asked.
"Because we've just confirmed that Eren communicated with the volunteers in secret. This is likely what inspired him to attack Marley" said Zachery. "It's certainly something he kept quiet about leading up to the event. We're currently in the mid of an investigation to see what all was said and who all was involved in this meeting. Eren has maintained his silence ever since these facts were brought to light. Furthermore, we're still completely in the dark of what he did during his time alone in Marley. I'm sorry to say that we believe that Eren is being manipulated by Zeke. I wouldn't have shared this secrets with you if you were anyone else. So I'll ask them that you keep them to yourselves"

"You really think... that Eren would..." began Armin.
"So what now?" asked Mikasa. "What will you do with him?"
Zachery stood next to the famous torture chair...

"Is that?" I asked.
"Hmm? Oh, it's nothing. There was no where else to store the thing so I had some recruits bring it up here" said Zachery.

"Please, hear me out, sir" said Armin. "Mikasa and I have known Eren since we were kids. If he refuses to talk to you that's all the more reason to send us in. I know that there's no guarantee that we can get him to tell us the truth. But... there isn't any harm in trying, right?"
"The situation is too delicate right now. This conversation is over" said Zachery.

~

We got outside of his office.
"Why?" asked Mikasa. "You're right that there'd be no harm in letting us try to talk to him"
"So why would he forbid it?" I wondered.
We saw 3 MP's getting closer.

"If I had to guess... it would be that the military has already decided that Eren is a lost cause" said Armin.
We saw the 3 MP's walking inside Zachery's office.
"If I'm right about that. Then they're probably looking at candidates, to replace him with" said Armin.

"I'll listen through the door" said Mikasa and began to walk back, but Armin grabbed her wrist.
"Hold on, Mikasa. You can't" he said.
"It's fine, they're not gonna catch me" she said.

"You don't know that. And we can't afford to take the risk" he said.
"We can't afford not to take that risk" said Mikasa. "We need to find out what the military's planning. No matter what happens, I won't let Eren be..."
She gasped and pushed Armin and me out of the way.
A huge explosion came out of Zachery's office...