Chapter 17

-Nora POV-

Everything was in debris. I pulled Armin back a little more, just in time. Because otherwise Annie would’ve crushed him.

“We need to move, now!” I shouted and pulled him with me, away form Annie’s hand.
“Damn it! That ring! She must’ve know we were lying the whole time from the very beginning. She knew we were leading her into a trap. I could’ve… I should’ve taken a different approach” said Armin.

“Save the should’ve for after we’re out of this. The question now is what do we do next?” asked Mikasa.
“Okay, first we rendezvous with squad 3, then get the hell above ground. We fight her out in the open. That means we’re switching to plan B. She’s all yours Eren! Got it?” said Armin.

“Yeah” said Eren.
“Over here!” squad 3 was in front of us. “What happened? Is plan A a no-go?”
“Afraid so, as of now, we’re going with the back-up option” said Armin. But suddenly Annie’s foot caved the ceiling… killing squad 3…

“Oh bloody hell. She caved in the ceiling” I said.
“We’ve got to pull them out of there” said Eren.

“Eren, get back” said Mikasa and she pulled him by his hood.
“What, no! Wait!” shouted Eren.
“What was that? Does she not care if she kills you too?” asked Mikasa.

“She took a chance. It was risky, but she gambled on Eren being able to survive. We’re dealing with someone who’s been backed into a corner” said Armin, he grabbed my hand and we began to run away from the hole. “She’s desperate. That makes her all the more dangerous”

When we were far enough we stopped. “Damn it” said Armin. “We’re cut off. If we try to get airborne with our ODM-gear she’ll swat us like flies. And if we…” another hole in the ceiling was made. I closed my eyes so that there wouldn’t be any dust in them.

“If we stay here, it’s only a matter of time before we’re crushed” I said.
“I know what I have to do. I’ll change, I’ll shield you guys. Just like I did with the canon fire” said Eren. “Get in close” Eren pushed us against him. “Alright, brace yourselves” he said.

“Wait what?” I said and Armin grabbed my hand. Eren bit his hand so hard it began to bleed. “What the hell? You have to do that every time to transform?” I said. But nothing happened.

“Oh no, not again. Why now?” said Eren and he fell on his knees. “We don’t have time for this! Just work, damn it!” he shouted and kept trying.

“Don’t try to force it, you have to have a clear goal in mind just like Hange said. Come on, you can do this. We know you can” said Armin.
“Believe me, I’m trying!” shouted Eren and bit his hand again.

Mikasa kneeled beside Eren. “Really?” she said. “Are you sure you’re not having second thoughts? Doubts about Annie?”
“Eren” said Armin.

“It’s her. The Female Titan. No matter how much you don’t want to believe it, that won’t stop it from being true. What did we see, back there just now? She’s a murderer, period. This isn’t complicated” she said.

“Get off my back, damn it! I’m not stalling for time!” shouted Eren and bit his hand again.
“Dig deep. It’s Annie. You know it is. And you know, you have to fight. Unless, unless there’s something deeper, keeping you from it” said Mikasa.

Armin drew out his swords. “I know what we have to do” we all looked at him. “Mikasa will go for that opening. At the same time, Nora and I will make a run for the exit. I’m sure Annie will go for one of us. When she does, run in the opposite direction for all your worth”