Chapter 45

-Nora POV-

We received a letter from Eren with instructions.
"I'm so going to kick his ass when we're home" I said and Armin hugged me from behind while we looked out at the sea.

We were in Marley, in our hiding spot, our base on Marley.
"I don't like it either" he said and I sighed.
I looked up at him, in the past 4 years he had grown taller, unlike me...

"What happened?" I asked. "What changed for Eren?"
"I don't know. I hope he'll tell us when we get him back" said Armin, I touched the back of his neck. I liked his new haircut, he had asked me last year to cut it.

We had been living together too, my dad didn't like the idea at first. But he understood that we only had 13 years, well now only 9 years left...

"I just can't believe Eren would put us in danger like that. Now everybody will believe we're the devils they think we are" I whispered. "They'll never have faith in us again"

"They will. We will show them one day" said Armin.
"Are you going to be okay?" I asked and he closed his eyes.
"I will be" he lied and I pulled him closer to me.
"We'll be okay" I whispered. "In the end, we will be okay"
"I know" he whispered in my neck.

'We'll have to attack the Libero zone, when a lot of people from over the world are there... when Eren attacks... we'll have to kill people again... but I don't understand... why do we have to kill people we don't even know? How can they hate us so much, when they've never even met us...'

"Elly, it's time" said dad and I looked at Armin. We would be split up for a while...
My dad walked away, he knew Armin and I needed a moment. This happened every time we had to fight...

"We will be okay" said Armin and touched my face. "We still have to see the things from my book"
"Yeah. I love you" I whispered.

"I love you too" he whispered and kissed my lips softly. "I'll see you on the ship. Do not hesitate"
"I won't. I'll see you on the ship, promise" I whispered and left with my father to start the attack.
My dad wasn't happy with Eren's plan.

'He'll have to keep Zeke alive...' I thought and my dad looked at me.
"Are you okay?" he asked and I shook my head.
"I'll be okay when we're back home and I have kicked Eren's scrawny ass" I said and he smiled.
"I think I'll join you" he said and I smiled back.

~

It was starting...
Eren transformed and we all got ready to fight...
My dad and I saw that the Jaw Titan was going for Eren's neck and we both cut a side of his jaw so he couldn't bite.
I noticed a bit of armour out of the ground and I went for it.
"Reiner?" I said and went inside it.

-Falco POV-
"Reiner?" asked a female voice and she came inside Reiner's armour.
She was wearing the gear the enemy was wearing, she was very pretty...
'That hair... is it the girl Gabi told me about?'

She saw me and she smiled.
"Are you okay?" she asked and I frowned. "Is he okay?" she looked worried at Reiner and stepped closer.
But I stepped in between them and she stopped, but she was still smiling friendly.

"I'm not going to hurt you or Reiner" she said and showed me that she wasn't using her weapons.
"Are you... Nora?" I asked and she looked surprised.
"Reiner told you about me?" she asked.

"No, Gabi did. She told me that Reiner said that you were the only nice one" I said and she chuckled.
"Really, Reiner?" she said and looked at Reiner who still didn't wake up. "Even after all these years heh? You haven't changed one bit, you big idiot"

"Why are you attacking us?" I asked and she began to look sad.
"It wasn't our choice" she said. "I know you don't believe me. But I really don't want to kill anyone. We didn't want this. We never asked for this... but he gave us no choice..."

"I believe you" I said and she was surprised.
We heard gunfire...
"We have to get out of here. I can take you to the inside of a building. If you're willing to trust me" she said and held out her hand. "I give you my word, that I will not kidnap you or hurt you in any way"

I looked into her blue eyes and I felt like I could trust her.
I grabbed her and she pulled me close to her.
"What's your name?" she asked.

"Falco Grice" I answered.
"Well, Falco. Hold on tight" she said and looked at Reiner. "Reiner, wake up you idiot. If you don't, Eren will kill more people. You have to wake up and stop him. I'll take Falco to a safe place, so you don't have to worry about him. Just think about that you'll owe me one"

She activated her gear and we flew...
It was amazing... she went inside the building and we saw Commander Magath along with Gabi...

Gabi pointed her gun at Nora and I stepped in between them.
"Don't, Gabi! She saved me!" I said and she stopped.
"Sarah?" said Magath and Nora looked confused.

"Wait, that hair..." said Gabi. "What's your name?"
"Well, Reiner knew me as Nora Sato" answered Nora and she took a few steps backwards.
Magath also didn't know what to do and he kept staring at Nora.

"Knows you as?" said Gabi. "What's your real name?"
"The name I was intend to be born with, I only found out after Reiner left" said Nora and she walked to the window. "Stay safe, Falco"

"What is your real name?" asked Magath and he had lowered his gun which made Nora smile friendly.
"Maybe there's hope after all" she said. "My real name... is Eleanor Ackerman"

She jumped out of the window and used her gear to get onto a airship.
"An Ackerman? I thought there were only 2 on that island" said Magath. "Now there are 3... and she looks just like Sarah Silva"
"Wait" I said. "The honourable Silva family? From the Marley government?"
"Yes" said Magath. "We can talk about it later. First we need to get you kids out of here"

-Nora POV-

After I jumped out of the window, I used my ODM-gear to get onto the rooftop.
I was happy I saved Falco, that officer looked like a reasonable man.

Everything was a mess... I tried not to kill any soldiers, only wound them. I placed my lantern on the roof and looked at Eren who was fighting the Warhammer-Titan...
Everything was destroyed, he destroyed homes, families...
'Why did it have to come to this?'

The Beast Titan, Jaw Titan and Cart Titan were working together.
'Damn it Yelena, why didn't you do like we asked?' I was angry, people were dying.
Eren got out of his neck and transformed into a new Titan.

And Zeke threw more rocks around.
'Damn it, asshole. Stop trying to kill so many of us, this is your plan, bastard'

I saw how Armin blew up the war fleet... I could feel the heat of the explosion from where I was standing.
And by using the distraction, dad took Zeke down, he made it seem like he blew up Zeke's nape, but he managed to capture him alive.

'Nice one, dad'
I saw more soldiers coming and I went to Jean who was with the Cart-Titan.
"Nora, where the hell were you?" he asked.
"I was busy trying not to die" I said. "Let's get the Cart-Titan out of the way"

Sasha had taken out one of the shooters, while Jean and I took our thunder spears and fired them right into the Cart-Titan's eyes.
"Fire!" I shouted to our comrades above us. "Hurry!"

We managed to blow up the Cart-Titan, but we didn't kill her. She fell off the roof onto the ground.
'Damn it, I hate being an officer. Why did Hanji have to promote me?'

-Armin POV-

The soldiers looked at me when I turned into a Titan.
I killed all of them...
I looked below me and all I saw was destruction...

I got out of my Titan and looked at the bodies.
"Is this... the same view that you had, Berthold?" I asked myself while I raised my arm for my ODM-gear. "It must be..."

I got onto the airship and went to the control room.
'Please, be okay, Nora...' I thought while I touched the ring under my uniform.