Chapter 55

-Nora POV-

"See" said Eren. "Everything you two have done in your life has been dictated by your Ackerman blood"
"No, I..." said Mikasa. "I was just..."
"That blood, is all you two really are" said Eren.

My hands were trembling and Armin went for Eren again.
He got in one good hit, but Eren was the better fighter.
Eren threw Armin to the wall and I wanted to stop him. But Mikasa held me back.

"Let me go, Mikasa!" I shouted.
"I can't" said Mikasa. "Please, I don't want to fight you, Nora"
"Yeager!" 2 men with guns came in.

"I don't need help" said Eren.
Mikase still held me back, her grip was strong...
"Hey, Armin" said Eren. "The two of us have never actually fought before, have we?"

Armin tried again, but Eren beat him merciless.
"Mikasa! Let me go!" I screamed and tried to get out of her grip.
Armin fell on the ground and I lost it. I managed to hit Mikasa in her ribs and she let go of me.

I went to Armin and checked him.
"Armin?" I said and softly rolled him over to his back. "Please, say something"
"Please" said Mikasa. "Just stop"

"Like I said at the start" said Eren. "Conflict isn't necessary. At least not if you tell us where Zeke is. Nora"
Eren grabbed me by my collar and began choking me.
"Where is Zeke? Eleanor?" he asked angrily.

"Nora!" said Armin, Mikasa held him up.
"I don't know" I lied, but for once, it was a convincing lie. "And even if I did, I would never help you" I spit in his face. "You can go to hell for all I care"

"Take them" said Eren to the soldiers and he threw me on the ground.
Armin grabbed my hand and pulled me closer.
He was pretty beaten up, but still managed to look out for others first...

"Yes, sir" said the soldiers.
"And bring the kid who killed Sasha too" said Eren.
"So, that's it?" asked Armin. "That's all you came here to say?"

I wrapped his arm around my shoulder so he could lean on me, my throat began to hurt and there was a bruise forming where Eren had choked me.
"Is this the freedom you wanted?" said Armin. "The freedom to hurt Mikasa and Eleanor? You're a slave too and your masters are worthless bastards"

"Who are you calling a slave?" said Eren angrily. "Let's go"
"Go where?" asked Mikasa.
"The place where it all started" said Eren. "Shiganshina"

-Pyxis POV-

I froze up for a second, I couldn't move...
It happened to a lot of the soldiers in the room...
"My body froze for a second"

"So did mine"
"Heh?" said my officer next to me. "I didn't feel a thing"
"Zeke's done it... hasn't he?" I said and my officer looked at me.

"Sir?" she asked.
"I need a pen and some paper. And when I'm finished, and something happens to me. I want you to give it to my granddaughter" I said.

"Sir, what do you mean?" she asked.
"Zeke's spinal fluid was in the wine. Right now, everyone who froze up can turn into a Titan at any moment. When I'm finished writing the letter. Get yourself to safety, that's an order" I said.

"Eh... yes sir" she said. "I promise I'll give your letter to Officer Ackerman"
"Give her this too" I said and took off my wedding ring. "And tell her that I am very sorry"
The officer hesitantly took my wedding ring and nodded.

-Nora POV-

I had a bad feeling, like my family was in danger.
"Nora" said Armin, he put some ice against my neck, which shocked me. "Sorry, you need to put this against it, to take the swelling away"

"Thank you, Armin" I said and he sat down next to me.
"What are you thinking about?" he asked.
"My family" I said. "My father, my grandfather, the truth about my birthmother"

"We never got the chance to talk about it before" he said.
"Apparently, she was a noble from Marley. I heard it on Marley too" I said. "So, what Eren told me about my mother, is probably true"

Armin pulled me closer and kissed my hair.
"I... I just don't know how to wrap my head around everything" I whispered. "About what Eren told us about the Ackerman-clan and my mother, about what he told about Berthold..."

"That's not all" said Jean. "There was Zeke's spinal fluid in the wine"
"What!" I shouted, but my voice cracked. "No, that can't be true"
"It is" said Connie.

"I need to get out of here" I said.
"Nora, calm down, we can't do anything right now" said Armin.
"No! You don't understand!" I shouted. "My grandpa, he drank from that wine! The soldiers who are with my father too!"

"Nora, breathe" said Armin and he grabbed my shoulders.
I was hyperventilating.
"I can't lose them, Armin" I whispered. "I can't lose them too"

He pulled me into his arms and whispered in my ear, he rubbed my back and I slowly calmed down.
'I'm tired... I'm too tired...' I fell on my knees and Armin went with me.
"I'm so tired, Armin" I said and I passed out.

-Armin POV-

All the information and stress was too much for Nora... She passed out in my arms and I carried her to the bed that the others made free for her. Her head became warm, she had a fever...

"Do you think the Captain is okay?" asked Jean.
"Captain Levi will be fine" said Mikasa, those were the first words she spoke.
"What about the Commander?" asked Connie.

"As long as he's far away from Zeke's scream... he'll be fine too" I said and stroked the hair away on Nora's face.
"What if he's not far enough?" asked Connie.
"Then, he'll turn into a Titan" I said. "And Nora will lose her grandfather"

"Heh, if Zeke does that, I really wouldn't want to be him" said Jean. "He'll have 2 pissed off Ackerman's after him. And we all know how pissed of Nora can be sometimes"
"Dad..." said Nora. "Run away, you'll die..."

"Nora, Captain Levi will be fine" I whispered to her. "He's strong"
She was breathing heavily and I put a cold towel on her forehead.
"There's something else" I said and they all looked at me. "Nora saw Reiner here"

"Reiner is here?" said Jean. "Why would she let him go?"
"Because they want the same thing we want for now" I said. "To stop Eren and Zeke from meeting. So, hopefully, they'll still do that"

"We can't trust them" said Mikasa.
"For now, it's all we can do" I said. "Nora trusted Reiner and the 2 other Titan-shifters to stop them from meeting. And I trust Nora"

"I trust her too" said Connie.
"But their main objective is still to capture Eren" said Mikasa.
"Yes, but we can worry about that later. The main problem is Zeke right now" I said. "I'm sure that's what Nora meant with the fact that we could trust them to stop Zeke and Eren from meeting"