Chapter 57

-Nora POV-

"Nora?" Armin helped me up and I took the towel off my forehead.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You passed out" said Conny. "Feeling better?"

"Yeah, better now" I whispered.
"Now that Nora's awake" he said. "What do we do now? Is there nothing we can do but sit here and wait for things to play out?"

"Here, you like tea?" asked Mr. Braus to me.
"Yes, thank you" I smiled.
"Hey, Armin" said Conny. "Do you think you can bust us out of here by turning Titan?"

"Afraid not" said Armin. "I'd blow up half the town if I tried. The Colossal Titan is powerful, but it's far from precise. Unlike Eren's Titan..."
Armin looked straight at Mikasa, who had stayed silent this whole time...

"So, how did Eren end up beating you to a pulp, Armin?" asked Jean. "I think it's about time you told us"
"Eren was hurting Mikasa and Nora with his words" said Armin. "So I hit him. And he responded in kind"

"Heh?" said Conny.
"What do you mean he was hurting them?" asked Jean. "What did he say?"
"Well he..." began Armin.

"Stop" said Mikasa. "It's fine"
"No, it isn't fine" said Jean. "Seriously, tell me what he said to you"
"May as well just let it go, Jean" said Conny. "We already knew that he turned into an absolute piece of shit. But now he's lost his mind so completely, that he went out of his way to hurt the two people he used to care about most"

"Assuming that he hasn't just lost it. I don't see him doing that without having some kind of reason" said Jean. "I wonder... could he have some hidden motive?"
"There's no use trying to think about that now" I said. "We can't do anything from here anyway"
Footsteps were approaching, and when I saw Yelena, I got really angry.

"You bitch!" I shouted. "Where's my grandfather? If anything happened to him, I'll make sure to make your death really painful"
"Scary Nora is out" said Jean.
"Nora, calm down" said Armin and he held me back.

"I will not calm down, Armin!" I shouted and struggled. "She's responsible for this hell. Tell me what you did to my grandfather, you two faced bitch"
"Heroes of Shiganshina. It's always an honour to see you" said Yelena. "It pains me that our reunion must take place across these bars. As for Commander Pyxis, he is fine for now. I just had a lovely dinner with him"

"No way" said Conny to Onyankopon. "You're on their side too! Let us out!"
"Seems more than you have the right to ask for. Considering how you guys kept me as a prisoner" said Onyankopon. "Just sit here and wait. Zeke and Eren will meet soon"

'Reiner... what's taking you so long?'
"Why you..." said Conny.
"You must be proud, Yelena" said Jean. "It seems like everything's happening exactly as you planned. First, you get Eren dancing to Zeke's tune. Then the raid on Marley, needed the Eldian people support. Which gave you free reign to use your poison wine to take over the military. Eldia's yours. As is the Founding Titan. Now, you can crush Marley and avenge your homelands. That's it, right? The real reason you volunteers came to this island?"

"We brought your country out of the past" said Onyankopon. "When we got here, this Island was downright primitive"
"Heh?" said Conny offended.
"But you were really just setting it out for yourselves, right?" said Niccolo. "Making sure the place was worth ruling"

"You were played for fools and defeated" said the other guy, I think he worked with Niccolo at the restaurant. "What else is there to be said?"
"Hey, Grice. Did you seriously just betray us so that Yelena would make you one of her lackeys?" asked Niccolo. "You little rat!"

"Are you stupid?" said his old friend. "I didn't take the side of these devils. You did. You're the real traitor"
"Say what?" said Niccolo.
"You fell for some filth blooded potato grabbing devil, just because she liked your food" said his friend.

Armin had to hold me back, I was so angry...
"Get over here! I'll kill you!" shouted Niccolo and Jean held him back.
"The way you blabbered about her day and night was sickening" said his friend. "Can't believe I was stupid enough to think you'd get a grip once that bitch died!"

"What did you just call her?" shouted Niccolo.
"I'll make it easy to understand. That spawn of the devil whore deserved..." but he couldn't finish his sentence, because Yelena shot him in the head.

I grabbed Armin's hand as a reflex and he held it tightly.
'What the...'

"I apologise for his rudeness" said Yelena and bowed to us. "This island has no longer any need, for those who would curse you as devils. Please believe me when I tell you, that the goal we've been working towards is not so petty or hollow as taking revenge on Marley. It is to sever the chains of hate from this world. And in doing so, to save both Eldia and Marley. We're done with secrets. It's high time you learn the truth. Let me lay out the plan that will save the world. Zeke's so called euthanasian plan"
'His what plan now?'

~

"They'll change our bodies, so we stop having children?" repeated Armin.
"Correct. That is the heart of Zeke's euthanasian plan" said Yelena. "Once the Founder's power has done all of it's work. All suffering related to Titans, will slowly come to an end. You'll fade away, peacefully"

"Wait" said Jean. "How is that gonna be peaceful? If the population of Eldians withers until we've all died out. Then in this country's final years, there'll be nothing but old geezers. How can we be sure we won't get massacred then? You think the world's just gonna leave us alone?"

"The rumbling can remain as a deterrent. As long as your people retain control of the Founder, whilst insuring that the Royal bloodline doesn't die out" said Yelena. "Fortunately, it seems that Queen Historia has already been blessed with an heir. So, assuming her child lives a long life, you just need to pass on the Founder every thirteen years"

"You talk as if that's an absolute certainty, but it isn't" said Jean.
"Certainty, sure things. They aren't real" said Yelena. "Our world is full of risk and doubt. There isn't a nation in it that doesn't have a chair of troubles. If there's one thing that is certain. It's that this era of tears and bloodshed is almost over. The age of Titans will soon be put to an end. By Zeke and Eren. There may be countless millennia of human history that have yet to pass. But even given that much time, will anyone ever accomplish an equal feat? The Yeager brothers. Will be spoken off as legendary symbols for thousands of years to come. Just as we speak today of ancient Gods. Long after they're dead, they'll shine in mankind's memories. They'll be known as saviours..."

Armin began to cry and covered his face...
"Is something the matter?" asked Yelena.
"No" cried Armin. "But to think that your cause was so noble"

'Armin, what are you saying? Her plan is sick... they're going to take away our choice of having a family, taking away our kind...'
"It just... touched my heart" he cried.

"That's wonderful to hear" said Yelena. "I'm so glad, that you were able to understand"
"Bad news!" a soldier shouted. "We need you to come quick! Please! We're being invaded"
'Finally'

~

After Yelena had run off with the other soldiers, we were all alone in the cell again.
'Dad... grandpa... please... be okay...'
I couldn't shake the bad feeling, I was on edge...

Suddenly, the room began to tremble... everything was shaking...
"What the hell is going on?" I said.
"I think it's beginning..." said Armin. "The Titans... have started to move..."

-End of season 4 part 1

Author note:
We're at the end of season 4 part 1...
I hope you enjoyed the story so far!
When the last part airs, I'll write that too :)
Thank you so much for reading, commenting and voting!
Thank you for following Nora's story, I really loved writing it.

For now this is the end for this story.
But, it will be back for season 4 part 2!

Until then...

-Amara

The story will continue...