Chapter 37

-Nora POV-

I kept searching, but couldn't find anything. When suddenly, I heard an acoustic shell. I went back on the wall, it was Armin.
"Hey, what did you find?" I asked.

"The walls! Everyone scowler the walls!" shouted Armin to the soldiers.
"But we already searched all around them!" said a female soldier.

"There isn't anywhere to hide on the walls" said another soldier.
"Check inside them" said Armin and my eyes widened.
'Holy crap. You smart hunk. I could totally kiss you right now'

"Inside the walls?" asked the female soldier.
"Yes! Look for a small cavity where someone could hide out in. It may be covered" said Armin.

"How do you know that this exists?" asked the soldier.
"It's a hunch" said Armin.

"Damn it!" shouted the soldier and grabbed Armin's soldiers. "Do you know what kind of situation we're in!"
"Hey! Back off and let him speak, you idiot!" I shouted and pushed him away.

"Just think about it" said Armin. "The enemy always gets the better of us by using Titan powers in ways we could never have imagined! If we strain ourselves to normal tactical reasoning, then we'll never be able to gain the upper hand"

The Commander fired off a red smoke signal, signalling the halt of closing the inner gate for Eren.
"There are times to be strict and times to be flexible. Uphold the principles of your vows. Do what it takes to win. Follow the chain of command and keep your eyes fixed on the path to victory" said the Commander.

"Form 2 groups again and check the wall's surface! Start your search above the gate! Go! Quickly!" shouted Armin.
"Right!" they shouted and finally did what Armin asked of them.

~

I was hanging on the wall, checking if there was anything hollow...
Suddenly someone fired off an acoustic shell. It came from besides Armin.
What happened next all happened so fast...

Reiner came out and killed the soldier who found him.
"Armin!" I screamed, I was too far away to do something.
But my father reacted quickly. He shoved a blade into Reiner's neck and another one to his heart. But suddenly my father retreated.

"Shit!" shouted my father.
"Dad?" I asked.
"What the hell are these guys made of? A blade to the neck and the bastard still won't die!" he shouted.

Reiner suddenly transformed into the Armoured Titan.
"Keep your eyes open! We still need to find his allies!" shouted the Commander. But I saw lights appear on the other side of the wall.

"Really?" I shouted. "Those bloody bastards never give us a chance to get a handle on things"
"Incoming bolder! Get down!" shouted the Commander.

We felt a crash, and when I looked down, I saw that the entrance was blocked.
"Oh bloody hell, intelligent Titans really are a pain in the ass" I said and we all went back up to the wall.
The Beast Titan stood in the middle, he was surrounded by Titans of different sizes.

"Commander, he's about to climb" said dad and I looked back at Reiner, who hardened his fingers and toes.

He ran to the wall and began to climb.
"Soldiers! You are not yet to engage the Armoured Titan! Maintain a safe distance!" shouted the Commander.
I looked at the Titans, one stood out to me, the one with cargo on its back.

"They have one more intelligent Titan. It's that quadruplet type. Though, there may well be others" said the Commander.

The Beast Titan raised his fist and smacked it to the ground. Making the little Titans ran forward.
The Commander kept quiet, he was thinking. But it was getting on my nerves.

"Sir! What now? The Armoured Titan is almost up! Berthold hasn't shown yet, but he must be nearby!" shouted Armin.

"Yes, I'm well aware" said the Commander.
"You finally ready to say something Erwin?" said dad. "You were waiting so long, I could've made breakfast"

"Derm Squad and Marlene Squad too, join Klaus Squad and protect the horses at the gate! Levi Squad and Hange Squad! I need you to take down the Armoured Titan! Employ the thunder spears at your own discretion! Do whatever it takes to achieve your objective! This is our moment! Our chance to strike! The fate of mankind depends on this battle! Lay down your hearts and lives! One final time, for humanity!" shouted the Commander.

~

We began to ran, but the Commander stopped my father and Armin.
"Hange can lead both of your squads" said the Commander.
"So I'll protect the horses instead of Eren?" asked dad.

"That's right, and when the chance rises you'll strike him down" said the Commander and pointed at the Beast Titan. "You're the only soldier I can trust to dispatch the Beast Titan"

"Understood, sir. I wasn't fast enough to finish the Armoured one earlier. But I'll atone for that by taking the Beast Titan's head" said dad and walked to me. "Be careful, Elly. I need you to stay alive. You got that?"

"Yes, dad. I have no plans on dying today" I said and he kissed my forehead before he left.
"Armin, I have a plan for the Armoured Titan too" said the Commander. "We have to win on two fronts to secure victory. I can handle one. The other, I'll leave to you and Hange"

We went down to meet Hange and the others.
"Hang on, he's willing to risk Eren's capture just to protect the horses?" asked Hange.

"You're kidding" said Mikasa. "Even if we try it, Reiner might just go after the horses anyway"
"No, I'm sure he'll chase Eren. If Reiner does go after the horses, then Eren can continue running north around the Beast Titan's formation. With Levi, the Scouts and Eren, they can catch the Beast Titan in a pincer attack. Erwin must've said as much himself, right?" asked Hange.

"Yeah, you're spot on" I said.
"Even if things don't go as we hope, the enemy doesn't expect Eren to flee. So it might just confuse them enough to break ranks. The only question is, can Reiner see that far ahead?" she asked.

"Knowing him, he should work it out pretty quickly" said Eren.
"Okay. This is where we'll bring down the Armoured Titan" said Hange.
"Wait a second!" shouted Armin. "There's one more factor we need to consider! He's still hiding, but Berthold must be nearby. The last time they fought, Eren outmanoeuvred Reiner and had him on the verge of defeat. But then Berthold caught him in a surprise attack. And he and Nora ended up their captive. It's a simple counter measure. Do what you can to keep the fight away from the walls"

The plan was working, Reiner went back down and ran after Eren.
Eren stopped in the middle of the city, ready to fight.

Eren was actually pretty good, he managed to use his hardening well.
In the meantime, we put on our thunder spears, the new invention that Hange showed us last month. It should work well in this environment, and it should work against Reiner.
'It should work. But... can I actually do it? Kill Reiner...'