Chapter 56

-Zeke POV-

'Is this what they mean? Seeing your life flash before your eyes?'
Levi had tied me up, put a thunderspear in my stomach and even cut my limbs.
One move and I was gone...

-A long time ago...-

My father and mother had just shown me Libero from a distance. And a Marleyan had thrown filthy water over us. And people were throwing food at us...

"Are you okay?" asked a friendly voice. "Oh my goodness. You 3 are soaking wet... Here, take my scarf"
I felt the girl put her scarf around me, it was kind of like a little blanket.

"Lady Silva! Those are Eldians!" I heard someone say.
"So?" said the girl and even my father was surprised. "They are humans too. And that is a child. You should all be ashamed of yourselves"

The people were silent and I looked at the girl.
'White hair... pretty'
"Thank you, Lady Silva" said mom.

"Oh, please. Just call me Sarah" said the girl. "What's your name, little guy?"
"Zeke" I answered and she smiled so brightly.
"It's nice to meet you, Zeke" she said.

"If I may ask, Lady Silva" said dad. "Why are you talking to us?"
"Some people are just so stupid" she bluntly said. "I mean, you are just as much human as I am. I don't understand why they treat you with such disrespect. I thought you had gone through enough already, so I wanted to make the people stop treating you as filth"

"How old are you?" I asked and she chuckled.
"I'm 15, what about you?" she asked.
"I'm 5" I said and she smiled.

"I'll walk with you to Libero" she said and walked with us. The people greeted her with respect and even in Libero, the people smiled at her.
"Mom, why are they all so nice to her?" I asked.

"Lady Silva is kind to us. She often comes here, wanting to learn more about our kind. Her father isn't so happy about it" mom answered. "But, she still comes here, even if her father doesn't like it. I hear he's planning to make sure she marries someone with pure blood. Poor child"

-A year later-

I was training to become a warrior. But I wasn't good at it...
I noticed some white hair during training and I saw Sarah Silva waving at me.
She often came by to our house, I liked her, she was funny and kind.

She always watched us train and she often treated me when I had an injury.
Sometimes I saw her dance or sing silly songs, or insult people who asked for her hand in marriage.

~

"I really don't understand men sometimes" she said when she walked with me to Libero. "I mean, you'd think that when I say no to their proposal and kick them in their balls, they'd get the hint, right?"

"Yeah, I guess so" I said and she ruffled my hair.
"Well, at least you'll be one of the good ones when you grow up. I bet the lady who will marry you will be the luckiest woman of all times" she said and I blushed.

"I think you should marry who you want to" I said and she smiled.
"I think so too" she said. "I don't want to marry a stranger, and least of all like that douchebag from earlier. I mean, did you see the way he looked at my boobs? So disgusting"

She fake gagged and I chuckled.
"Well, we're here. I'll see you tomorrow, Zeke" she said.
"Yeah, see you tomorrow, Lady Silva" I said and she rolled her eyes. "Sarah" I whispered and she smiled brightly.

~

A few days went by, my father filled our free moments by teaching me the truth about our origin. But all I wanted was his approval, a moment where he would be my father...
A ball rolled in front of my feet.