27| THE TRUTH BUG ATTACKS

[ Chapter Twenty-Seven ]

❝Actually, I don't hate you that much and I definitely think you're attractive.❞

[The Getaway]

>> >> >>

"They're gaining." Mick remarked, unimpressed from the backseat, as they peeled away from the cop.

"The sirens didn't give it away?" Myra grumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, I don't think that's the cops on us, mate." John said from beside Myra.

"Aw hell. Not Nate's dad." Myra cursed.

"We gotta lose Hank." Sara said and turned to look at John, "You got something for this, John?"

"I might but I'll need you to get us off the road quick, squire." John said to Sara and Ray.

John stood up and murmured, "Absconditus Domus."

The whole RV shook for a second as Ray peeled off the road to a small side road and stopped. Ray messed with the radio and someone's voice came over the radio, sounding suspiciously like Zari.

Myra and John turned to look at each other and grinned, immediately recognizing their friend's voice.

"Alright, you heard her. We should keep a low profile." Sara said as she got out of the driver's seat and came back to the others, "If we leave by night, we should be able to make it. In the meantime, no drawing attention, and no altering the timeline."

"Well, we best keep that bug bottled then, aye?" John asked, looking at Myra.

"Why the hell are you looking at me?" Myra narrowed her eyes at him, but he didn't answer.

"The only way to keep it contained is for everyone to stay completely honest." Sara said.

President Nixon suddenly stepped out of the closet and asked, "What the hell is going on here?"

Sara rolled her eyes and shot him with the stun gun again, "Maybe it's best if we all just don't talk."

"Sounds good to me." Myra said and rested her back against John's side as she picked up her kindle again.