22| THE KAUPE IS LOOSE IN MEXICO CITY

[ Chapter Twenty-Two ]

❝Look, I know I shouldn't question your judgement but what if Mona is telling the truth?❞

[Lucha de Apuestas]

>> >> >>

"What the hell is going on?" Myra asked, as she stepped out of the kitchen, hearing commotion from Zari in the hallway

"The Kaupe is missing." Zari responded as she rushed into the lab.

"What?" Myra asked, following her, "How did he escape?"

"Apparently Mona let him out." Zari said as she sat down at the computer.

Myra raised an eyebrow in curiosity, "Mona?" She shook her head, "No, there's no way."

"Well, that's what Sara said. They're going to bring her back here now. Unfortunately for us, the Kaupe went through a portal and we have no idea where he went. But if I can find the portal through recent courier activity, I can probably find where he went." Zari, said furiously typing.

Myra sat down on a stool at her side, sipping on her latest cup of coffee.

"Damn it." Zari cursed, as she grabbed her tablet.

"No luck?" Myra asked, turning to her right as the door to the lab slid open and Sara, Mick, and Ray marched in along with Mona.

"Any hits?" Sara asked, immediately walking over to Zari.

Zari shook her head, "I tried to isolate the portal from today's Courier activity but so far, no dice. It would help if I had the actual Courier."

Sara reached into her pocket and dropped the broken Courier onto the desk, "Here you go."

"Okay, never mind." Zari responded.

"So, we have a vicious monster on the loose and no idea where it might have disappeared to." Sara sighed.

"He's not a vicious monster." Mona protested, "People just assume that because of the way he looks. He's a demigod. He used to be a king."

Mick pointed a gun at her but Ray stepped in front of her, "Hey, what are you doing?"

"I'm seeing if this thing works on her mouth." Mick responded.