08| GREAT, NOW SHE LOOKS LIKE AMAYA

[ Chapter Eight ]

❝I told you, I wasn't going to be a part of this, Sara.❞

[Dancing Queen]

>> >> >>

Myra hated this plan.

She was sure Ray would never forgive them if they killed the shapeshifter and she wasn't sure they deserved to be forgiven if they murdered someone. Or correction, sent them to hell.

The fairy godmother and unicorn were bloodthirsty creatures so that was different. But this was a living, breathing person, who as far as Myra knew, just wanted to have some fun.

She was teamed up with John and Zari again, much to Myra's protest.

"Well, no sign of Ray or the creature, Captain." Zari said as the three walked through the band's hideout.

Sara didn't answer and Zari repeated, "Sara? Can you hear me? Sara?"

"Hmm." John said as he picked up two records and then handed them to Myra, "Maybe you should have put a tracker in her comm."

"Funny." Myra took the records, "What the hell am I supposed to do with these? Though, they do have good taste."

Suddenly someone shot at them and Myra dropped to the ground, next to her friends.

"What the hell?" Myra yelled and peered out to see it was Ray shooting at them.

"What the hell, Ray?" Zari repeated Myra's words.

John grabbed Myra's hand and Myra hauled Zari up as well as they ran from the room.

"Told you this was a horrible idea." Myra complained.

The three hid behind a large chest, but suddenly it shrank before their very eyes, as Ray shrunk it with his shrink ray.

They quickly ran and hid behind a sofa until someone jumped in front of them yelling, "Stop."

Myra looked up confused to hear Ray's voice, until she realized that the person who'd been shooting at them must have been the shapeshifter pretending to be Ray.

"Don't hurt my friends." Ray said.

"Your friends are drones." The shapeshifter said.