17| JOHN DOES SOMETHING STUPID

[ Chapter Seventeen ]

❝He's going to mess up a lot of people's lives if we don't stop him.❞

[Hell No, Dolly]

>> >> >>

"Any luck?" Myra asked, popping in to the lab after she'd cooled down from her argument with Charlie and John. Turns out a cup of coffee and a screaming at the top of her lungs to music, was all it really took.

Zari shook her head, "If we change this then it could create a whole domino effect."

"Shit." Myra cursed.

"Didn't know you cared so much." Zari said, confused by her reaction.

"I mean, even if we can't change things in our past, I was hoping that we'd maybe be able to help someone else fix something." Myra responded.

"I'm going to tell him. Or do you want to do it?" Zari said, as she got up.

"I'd rather not. I've already had a whole screaming match with him and Charlie and we both said some pretty horrible things." Myra admitted.

"About what?" Zari asked.

"Just about them trying to change history without saying anything to any of us. It was just horribly selfish." Myra said.

"Yeah." Zari nodded, and got up, "Well, time to break the news."

Myra nodded and watched as Zari left the room.

>> >> >>

Later, she ran into Zari and Charlie in the hallway, heading towards the jumpship. Both of them looked angry, and Myra knew that they were in trouble.

"What's going on?" Myra asked, looking confused, "Where's John."

"Changing history." Zari answered, "Turns out he couldn't wait for me to try and find a loophole and instead went off to mess with history himself."

"Of course he did." Myra muttered, "He did say 'history be damned'."

"What?" Zari asked.

"Sorry, I might have left out that bit about the argument. Seemed like John didn't care whether history stays intact or not." Myra admitted.