13| A MINOTAUR IN THE CATACOMBS

[ Chapter Thirteen ]

❝Shit. I should have brought my sword.❞

[Tender Is the Nate]

>> >> >>

Myra did not get to wear an exact flapper dress, much to her dismay, but her dress still gave off those sort of vibes and she was beyond ecstatic to be in the 1920s and in Paris. Maybe, she'd finally put her French to use.

Nate gave them the run down of where they were and what was going on in history and Myra found out that she had really missed her best friend explaining history to all of them, "Alright. Cafe du Dome, 1927. Home to the Lost Generation. Writers, artists, ex-pats, they all-"

Hank cut off his son, "Alright, so where is this monster?"

"Yeah, who needs historical context and wonderment?" Nate said, dismayed.

Myra linked her arm in his, "Hey, he just doesn't know how we do things. And, we always love historical context and wonderment."

"Thanks, Myr." Nate smiled at her.

"I need a drink." Mick interrupted.

"What he means is we need to blend in with the locals. This is a recon mission." Sara explained, and looked at Myra, "You go with him."

Myra nodded, unlinking her arm from Nate and following Mick over to the bar. She leaned against the bar as Mick got a drink and then she ordered a glass of wine.

A group of people gathered at the other end of the bar and Myra glanced over as she heard them talking about a creature.

"Do you think?" Myra asked, aloud, to Mick who then turned to see what she was talking about.

Nate walked over to them, "Pardon moi. Um, you said you saw a monstrous man, can you explain that?"

"Of course." The man nodded, "Um there was a logarithmic curve to his form, the drama of his movement expressing deep personal cosmogony."

Nate exchanged a confused look with Myra and then asked, "Can you draw me a picture?"

>> >> >>

Once they got their picture, Nate, Mick and Myra walked over to Hank and Sara who were over by Ernest Hemingway. Sara was rolling her eyes as she peered into her glass and looked thankful that they were done.