04| CONSTANTINE JOINS THE TEAM AND A MURDEROUS FAIRY GODMOTHER

[ Chapter Four ]

❝With luck maybe they'll burn you.❞

[Witch Hunt]

>> >> >>

The Legends were all gathered around a device that Ray was currently fixing in order to make their hunt for magical creatures easier.

Myra was lounging in a chair, clutching her coffee and eating a scone at the same time. Sara had definitely told her to stop eating earlier and this was probably her third cup of coffee of the day but Myra didn't really care.

"How's our magical upgrade going, Ray?"

"Almost done, I think." Ray responded, "Though they never covered how to interface time seismographs and enchanted bones in the Ivy U PhD program."

Ray popped up and looked at them all, "Well, that should do it. My peers would say that science and magic don't mix, but to them I'd ask, 'Have you seen The Fifth Element?'"

"Ivy U sounds like a real party school." Zari teased him.

Ray looked at Myra but she just waved him off, "I'm too tired to get that right now, Ray. Sorry."

"Oh, I hope this works." Sara sighed, "We need a way to pinpoint magical threats on the timeline. I mean, who knows what kinds of creatures are out there wreaking havoc on history?"

"Like, uh, vampires." Mick chimed in.

"Werewolves?" Myra added.

"Gremlins." Zari remarked.

"Aswangs." Ray added and everyone looked at him confused.

"Wait. I actually know that one." Myra sighed, and pushed herself up from the chair, carrying her coffee over to the table, "Aren't they some sort of were-beasts?"

"Yeah." Ray brightened, "They're cannibalistic Fillipino were-beasts, with proboscis-like tongues."

Sara raised an eyebrow at Myra and Myra shrugged, "I read a lot."

"Yeah, I've been doing some research. Just in case." Ray added.

"I thought that's why we had Constantine?" Zari asked.