35| CONFRONTING A DEMON

[ Chapter Thirty-Five ]

❝Cause I'm not being killed by a demon.❞

[The Eggplant, the Witch and the Wardrobe]

>> >> >>

Myra crossed her arms as she stood beside Charlie, looking down at Ava and now Sara who were both on beds next to each other. John had just briefly explained what was going on to the others who hadn't been on the mission to retrieve Ava.

"Ava's in hell?" Mona asked.

"She's not in hell. Her soul is trapped in limbo." Nora explained.

"And I am right there with her." Gary said as he ran into the room.

"Oh Gary." John rolled his eyes.

"Emotionally. Poor Director Sharpe. Gary said.

"I've sent Sara down there to try and pull her out." John said.

"I thought that they broke up." Charlie whispered.

"She still loves her." Mona answered.

"I mean yeah, wasn't it obvious?" Myra asked, rolling her eyes.

"What can we do?" Gary asked.

"Sara chose to go in after her so unless praying is your thing, then the best thing that you can do is wait." John answered.

"You don't have to worry." Gary said, stepping into the circle that John had drawn around Sara and Ava's beds.

"No!" Charlie, Myra, Mona and Zari shouted at once.

"He's okay." John replied, as there wasn't really anything they could do to stop him now.

"I'll take good care of her." Gary said looking at Ava and then corrected, "I mean them." He then looked at Sara.

"All right Charlie. You're with me." John said and then looked at Myra, "You know what, you better come too, Myra."

"This should be interesting." Charlie said.

Myra sighed handing her beer to Mona and reaching for her sword which she had left in the lab, before twirling it in her hands.

"Let's go find out what this demon wants, shall we?" John asked and then looked at Nora, "You up for it?"

"Mm." Nora nodded.

"All right then, let's raise some hell." John finished.

>> >> >>

Once they were back at the hotel room where Neron had been keeping Ava, Charlie shifted into Ava and sat in the circle in the exact position in which they'd found her.

"Allright. The rest of us need to hide in there." John pointed to the bathroom, "Myra, since you don't practice magic, you are going to confront him first."

"Right, and then you both can save me if he tries to murder me." Myra said in a sort of asking situation.

"Which he will." John answered.

"You're not helping." Nora told him and looked at Myra, "And yes, we will save you."

"Okay good. Cause I'm not being killed by a demon." Myra stated.

"Right." John nodded, "And then Nora and I will incapacitate him. Got it?"

Myra and Nora nodded and then went into the bathroom, followed by John.

>> >> >>

Only a few minutes passed before they heard the sound of someone outside the front door of the hotel room. Myra practically held her breath as she gripped her sword in her hand. She hoped demons couldn't somehow sense people's heartbeats because her heart was beating like crazy.

The door opened and Myra heard his voice.

"Papa's home. Miss me?"

Myra wrinkled her nose and looked back at John who was struggling to not showcase his emotions. Myra knew that this had to be extra hard on him because the demon was wearing his ex-boyfriend's face but John was good at controlling his expressions to not show what he was really feeling so at that moment Myra didn't really know.

Myra missed the rest of the words that Neron said to a disguised Charlie because all of a sudden she heard Charlie say, "Not bloody likely." and then a crash to the ground.

Myra opened the bathroom door just as Neron had stood up again and she launched herself at him, swinging her sword in an arc before letting it come down on his head.

It knocked him down for a brief moment but suddenly he was up again and this time when Myra moved to fight him, he was too quick for her and he launched her across the room with magic.

Myra groaned as she hit the opposite wall, luckily with just her back and not her head because that would have completely knocked her out.

Nora came out and moved to throw him with her magic but he also threw her backwards. But while Neron had been distracted, John had moved behind him and whispered an incantation choking Neron and then knocking him out.

John looked at the others, "We need to hurry before the spell breaks."

"Easy for you to say, John, I feel like someone threw me into a pile of concrete." Myra groaned, standing up slowly and then held out a hand to help Nora up before saying sarcastically, "Oh wait, someone did."

Charlie stifled a laugh as she looked at Myra.

John rolled his eyes at her, "You want him to throw you into another wall?"

Myra glared at him, "Fine. Let's go."

>> >> >> 

Word Count: 844

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed and sorry it was so short! 

(The gif at the top was made by me. Please do not steal it.)

What did you guys think? I love Myra and John's interactions so much!

I love you all and will see you soon with chapter 36.

POSTED ON:

4. 9. 21