02| MEETING NATE'S PARENTS

[ Chapter Two ]

❝Your son's a really good guy, I hope you know that❞

[The Virgin Gary]

>> >> >>

After Myra had had quite a few drinks, she realized that most of the Legends had left the party. Myra looked around spotting Mick getting another refill and she went over to him just as Nate joined the two.

"Nate. Thank goodness." Myra sighed with relief.

"You're still here?" Nate asked her and then looked at her curiously, "How many drinks have you had?"

"I could ask you the same question And definitely enough to feel something but not enough to forget who I am." She responded and then looked at Mick, "How many drinks have you had?"

He shrugged and didn't answer.

"Yeah speaking of, Mick what are you still doing here?" Nate asked him.

"Machine's still spinning, and I'm still standing." Mick responded.

"If that isn't a good answer then I don't know what is?" Myra laughed and gestured towards the machine, "I may as well have another one."

"You know what? Hook me up with one of those." Nate agreed, "Now that we fixed our last Anachronism, it's only a matter of time before the Bureau puts us out the pasture, which blows because being a Legend was the only thing I was good at."

"Well speak for yourself. I was a great criminal." Mick responds.

Myra grabbed her drink from Mick and was almost about to down the entire thing when she stared at Nate, "You don't really think they're going to fire us, do you?"

Nate shrugged, "I mean what's left for us to do? Hey. At least we got these cool medals."

"Yeah." Myra said, peering at it.

Suddenly Gary appeared beside them, "Actually, the medal has to remain top secret, because no one can know about time travel, so I'll just take these back now for safe-keeping."

Gary started grabbing the medals and Myra groaned and downed the rest of her drink.

"What do you say we find some real action?" Mick asked the two.