28| AN INTERVENTION WITH HANK

[ Chapter Twenty-Eight ]

❝Oh, I'm so going to tease you about this.❞

[The Getaway]

>> >> >>

The other Legends came out of the RV to see Sara yelling after Mona.

"John, get this thing out of me." Sara complained.

John sighed but did so and captured the bug in the jar.

"Alright. You guys get Nixon to Florida. If you leave now, there'll be time to spare." Sara instructed them.

"No way." Myra shook her head, "Not without you."

"Mona's out there alone and we don't leave our people behind, no matter how much they bug the crap out of us. I'd say no pun intended, but that would be a lie." Sara told them.

John handed the jar to Ray, "Hey mate, hold that."

"What? Where are you going?" Ray asked.

"I just need to stretch my legs, squire." John answered.

Myra glared at John, "You're not seriously leaving us with the bug thing?"

John shrugged and followed Sara.

Myra cursed, "Of course he's leaving us with the bug."

"Well, we best get Nixon to Florida." Ray said as he climbed back into the RV.

Myra and Mick followed him.

"Are you sure we can do this without Sara?" Myra asked, as she sat down in the passenger seat now that Sara wasn't there, "Or John? I mean he annoys the hell out of me but he is the one with magic."

"We have to complete the mission." Ray said as he started up the RV again and turned on the radio, "Even if we're doing it without them."

Myra groaned but didn't say anything as they hit the road.

"There's a smoky checkpoint outside Richmond." Zari's voice came over the radio, "If you want to make it to your final destination, do yourself a favor and take route 301 all the way home, bandit."