23| A CONSPIRACY AT THE BUREAU?

[ Chapter Twenty-Three ]

❝I can go to the benefit with Nate, if you'd rather.❞

[Lucha de Apuestas]

>> >> >>

The group walked over to the ring where the current fight was taking place and Myra grimaced as she watched.

"Blimey. How'd our hairy friend end up with that lot?" Charlie said over comns.

"It doesn't surprise me in the slightest." John said, "Lucha Libra is all about character and charisma, a modern day morality play. Good versus evil. The people versus the man.

"Why the heck do you know all about this?" Myra asked, looking at John, with equal shock and disdain.

John glared at her, "It's a hobby."

Ray interrupted over comns, "Well, according to the altered historical record, El Lobo arrived on the scene six months ago and quickly rose to the top. The mystery surrounding his true identity inspired novels, movies and tv shows."

"Aw bollocks. This is the one I get sidelined for?" Charlie cursed.

"If you want to trade places, then be my guest." Myra grumbled.

Sara shook her head, "Sorry Myra. You're stuck on this one. Let's split up. Ray and Charlie stay on comns. John, Myra and I will cover the arena. You guys watch from the stands." She looked at Mona and Mick, who started for the stands.

"Bienvenidos, senoras and senores!" The announcer yelled, "Tonight you will witness a spectacular match! One that you will tell your grandchildren of in vivid detail."

Everyone cheered at that and Myra rolled her eyes as they approached the bar.

"Dos cervezas, por favor (Two beers, please)" John told the bartender.

"Que sean tres. (Make that three)" Myra added, and smiled thankfully at the bartender before sitting down on a stool next to John.

"Hey, we're working. We can't afford any screw ups on this one." Sara lectured them, "We got to bag this one quick."

"We got to stay Sharpe, you mean?" John teased.