29| COMFORTING NATE

29| COMFORTING NATE

[ Chapter Twenty-Nine ]

❝I don't have to tell you it wasn't your fault, right?❞

[Seance and Sensibility]

>> >> >>

Myra got the news of Nate's father's death before any of the other Legends did. In fact he video-called her a few hours later, still hyperventilating.

"Nate. Calm down." Myra said, as she paced in her room, "Tell me what happened."

"I don't know. I walked into his office and she was there literally standing over my father's body." Nate said, trying to slow his breathing.

It was clear that Nate was panicking and Myra honestly didn't blame him at all.

"Wait. Who was standing there?" Myra asked, pausing in her pacing.

"Nora." Nate answered.

"Nora did this?" Myra asked, feeling a little shocked.

"Yeah, you aren't the only one who's confused." Nate answered her.

"I don't know why but I thought she'd turned over a new leaf. I guess we were wrong." Myra said, "Shit."

"Yeah um. Is there any way you could come here?" Nate asked.

Myra nodded to him over the call, "Yeah of course. Also we'll figure out what happened, Nate."

"Yeah." Nate answered.

"Okay, I'll be there in a bit." Myra promised and hung up.

Myra grabbed a bag and stuffed some things in it before she opened a portal to the Time Bureau.

Myra noticed that there seemed to be increased security measures when she got in and she quickly ducked into an empty office to try and figure out where Nate was.

She immediately re-called him, "Where are you?"

"Where are you?" Nate asked.

She panned around the room with the camera, "Wherever the heck this is."

"Sorry, I don't really have an office and my dad's is blocked off because it's evidence." Nate remarked and she could see he was walking.