15| A CREEPY DOLL IN NEW ORLEANS

[ Chapter Fifteen ]

❝Why did we have to fabricate ourselves as servants?❞

[Hell No, Dolly]

>> >> >>

Myra wasn't sure if Charlie really liked her back, or if their 'new relationship' was purely meant to take her mind off of other things. However, Myra didn't seem to really care, or at least that's what she told herself when she kept finding herself in Charlie's room, night after night.

No one on the ship had found out about them yet, and Myra intended to keep it that way at least until she could figure out what was going on herself.

This particular morning, she'd left Charlie's room early, so she could put herself together, before joining some of the other Legends in the galley.

Myra made herself a cup of coffee before sitting down at the table with Zari and Ray, who was reading a letter. She squinted at the cereal box in front of Zari, "What is that?"

"Big Easy O's." Zari said, handing her the box, "They're delicious."

Myra read the ingredients and winced at the sugar count but grabbed a bowl and poured herself some with milk anyways.

Sara and Ava suddenly walked in and Ava seemed to be complaining about the diary that Mick had used on one of their last trips, "You can't let Rory keep the diary!"

"I see you've met Garima." Zari nodded, "What she lacks for in vocabulary, she makes up for in personality."

"And everyone knows that a happy Mick, is better for the entire ship." Ray commented, as he lowered the letter, revealing that he now had a mustache.

Zari and Myra looked at each other in confusion and a little disgust.

"Whoa!" Sara called out, "Killer stache."

"Oh. Interesting." Ava remarked.

"You think?" Ray asked, "I had Gideon stimulate my hair follicles to grow it over night. I read in one of Nora's letters that she had a thing for mustaches so-"

Ava interrupted coming over to the table, "Sorry, but how are we being so blase about the diary? What if Rory goes from writing sci-fi to horror? Do you want killer clowns running around the ship?"