25| LET'S KIDNAP NIXON

[ Chapter Twenty-Five ]

❝Sometimes I wonder how we get away with things.❞

[The Getaway]

>> >> >>

"That is more about Tricky Dick than I ever needed to know." Sara grimaced as she ended a news clip of Richard Nixon spilling truth to the press.

"And it's more than the public needed to know." Gideon chimed in, "In the days following the news conference, Nixon found himself unable to tell a lie, resulting in global chaos."

"Yep, sounds about right." Myra said as she drank a latte from beside Charlie.

"Nixon's blathering fouled up ongoing peace talks and trade agreements." Charlie read off the screen.

"Without the release of 'All the President's Men,' Robert Redford's career floundered." Ray continued reading.

"What?" Mick yelled, interrupting, "No Redford? No Sundance, no indie film, no artful nudity. We have to fix this!"

"Wow, someone's a little too enthusiastic today." Myra grumbled.

"The only thing nastier then a politician lying is when he says how he really feels." Charlie spoke up, "Now, there's no way he'd tell the truth without a magical assist."

"I hope the Watergate has vacancies, because we need to make sure that Nixon still cheats the press." Sara said and started to walk out.

"Uh, Captain's orders and all, but do you think it's really the best time to be back on mission?" Ray asked, turning to her and Charlie came up beside him.

"Yeah, I mean, it might do well to take a beat." Charlie added.

Myra nodded, and moved beside Charlie, leaning an arm on her shoulder, "Yeah, I'm with them, on this one."

"I appreciate your concern, but I'll be fine. Just because Ava and I had a disagreement doesn't mean that I can't do my job." Sara argued.

"I was actually talking about the fact that we're on the outs with the Time Bureau." Ray said.

"Yeah, and I was talking about Mona." Charlie added, "I mean, Hank's gonna be after us since her boyfriend offed that agent and, well, we can't just stash her here forever."