21| GOING BACK TO NEW ORLEANS

[ Chapter Twenty-One ]

❝This whole adventure has made me want to nap for the rest of my life.❞

[Legends of To-Meow-Meow]

>> >> >>

It took them many tries to fix the timeline, and each time, Charlie checked in at the Bureau while Myra, John and Zari hid in an office.

When Charlie entered the office on their latest attempt to fix the timeline, she cheered, "No plaques. No plaques. We did it. I'm shocked to bits. Everyone's alive. Zari's human again, and I still have my powers."

"Ah, that's smashing news, love." John answered, slightly swaying.

"John?" Myra asked, concerned.

"I mean, sure it's got a few cracks, but fixed the timeline." Charlie shrugged and then looked at Myra and Zari, "See that?"

"John, are you okay?" Zari asked, noticing John didn't look like he was feeling good.

"Yeah, yeah. Never better." John murmured before he collapsed.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Myra asked, kneeling down beside him.

"John!" Zari called as she shook him lightly, "John!"

John groaned, "What happened?"

"Passed out, mate." Charlie said as she and Zari helped him up.

"He didn't just pass out. His brain can't handle this wad of bandages you call a timeline." Zari said.

"I can take the pain, love." John protested.

"What if you can't?" Myra said, crossing her arms as she stood in front of him.

"What if you die, John?" Zari added, "What happens to all the people who need you alive and Constantine-y."

"Yeah, well you can leave that to the real heroes, all right, because I'm done giving a damn." John snapped.

Myra's sympathetic look turned to anger, "Seriously, John?"

"This isn't about saving Desmond anymore, is it? It's an excused for you to give up on yourself." Zari commented.

"Whoa, whoah, whoa. Just leave him alone, will you?" Charlie asked.