32| WEIRD DREAMS

32| WEIRD DREAMS

[ Chapter Thirty-Two ]

❝I do not need to hear the details.❞

[Seance and Sensibility]

>> >> >>

Once they were back on the ship, they locked Kamadeva in the laboratory holding cell. Myra, Charlie and Zari watched as Sara checked the holding cell before walking around it to join the others.

"Well, your days of ruining Regency-era marriages are over, Kamadeva." Sara said.

"I only sought to grant people the courage to follow their heart's desire." Kamadeva said while looking at Zari.

Charlie smirked at Zari, "Oh, I think he likes you."

"Gideon. Get us out of here." Zari said, ignoring Charlie's comment.

"I'm not so sure we can go yet." Mona said returning with her shirt and holding it up to the others so they could watch as the title 'Emma' disappeared.

Myra sighed and waved her hand at Kamadeva, "But we caught him so what's the problem?"

"Miss Wu is correct." Gideon interrupted, "The historical records still indicate that Jane Austen's career is in jeopardy."

"Well, it's too late to knock on Jane Austen's door tonight." Sara said, "We'll talk to her tomorrow."

"So, I'm to spend the night-" Kamadeva asked.

"Alone." Zari finished and walked out of the room.

"Oh, what a waste." Charlie murmured.

Myra rolled her eyes at her before grabbing her girlfriend's hand and tugging her out of the room, "Come on, before you decide to sleep with the fugitive."

Charlie gasped at her as the door closed behind them, "I would never."

Myra laughed, "Sure you wouldn't."

"Come here. I'll prove it." Charlie said and dragged her girlfriend into her room right as they reached it.

As soon as the door slid shut, Charlie pulled Myra towards her and connected their lips. Myra wasn't sure if it was a result of the fugitive's influence or not but Charlie seemed determined to show Myra that she cared about her and honestly Myra wasn't complaining.