S A N G E E T - I (#25)

;

.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;

Mykonos, Greece 

'

'

'

Hotel La Residence was entirely booked for two days. 

As it would host the two top Hindi cinema first families and their close friends for memorable stay. The hotel situated in the heart of Mykonos Island in Greece, belonged to one of Alia's brother's childhood friend Rizwi. He and his family were more than elated to be a crucial part of a wedding that has been longed by a country to happen. 

A group of around 100 guests arrived in Greece right after the Mehendi function in Mumbai. Ranbir and Alia flew in their private jet along with their immediate family members. While most of them flew with the Ambani's, closest to the Kapoor's. 

On arrival, their big group were welcomed with Hindi songs of all genre and ages, organized by Alia and the Bhatt's. The accompanying of dhols and drums created a moment similar to that of a Baraat. After a heart pumping dance moment, they were all served special drinks and snacks before ushered into their rooms to have ample of rest before the celebration kicks in. 

Tonight was the Sangeet function. Cousins and friends came just for this one show. They had all prepared and worked hard for their performances to be displayed tonight. This had to be a memorable night for the two people they all so dearly loved. After all Ranbir and Alia were getting married. Two actors with perhaps the best discography in the movies. They were also known for their hit chartbuster sangeet tracks. 

Venue for the sangeet was the hotel's most valued feature - it's spacious ball room enough to seat a hundred and more without any hassle. Those of who were participating in the sangeet, were all secretly asked to practice in the ball room prior to the sunset tea party and the night of celebrations. The engaged couple were told to rest and pamper themselves before the night breaks in. They were strictly watched by their nieces and nephews while the adults ran around the hotel and it's premises. 

Ball room reminisced a theatre stage. But Mahesh Bhatt would like to term it a circus that went out of control. It truly was. Almost everyone was downstairs in the room, admiring the chandelier's and the decorations made specifically for the night. There was a lot of music, loud chats, wandering, snacks and confident practice sessions.

While the younger generation looked confident with their prep, the adults struggled to get their beats right or in the case of Neetu and Soni, their husbands ruining the rehearsals! "Bob would you stop doing that step ? I can't stand it, seriously." Rishi Kapoor was taken back to their old days of movie dance sessions. Where he and his then co star Neetu would do weird hook steps and he could trouble her all throughout the shoot. 

He found those memories too cute to let them go. They were now pretty old, with a grand daughter and both their kids settled. The last thing he would do is to dance weirdly around his wife and let his family tease them shamelessly! But tonight was special. Their Rana, his baby boy was now all grown up and they were supposed to surprise him and Alia with their performances.