Durga Pooja (#2)

Welcome back bacchon :) 

Your response made it this quicker or else I never gift two updates in a month! So pat yourself, Generals! 

This one I didn't had much to delve in so a short chap :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 | Alia's POV |

Ayan invited me to attend the last day celebration of Durga Puja along with his entire clan and friends at their favourite pandal.

A social - religious gathering of devotees and families under a roof to celebrate the ten- day event of various ceremonial rituals of the festival, largely celebrated in West Bengal, Odisha, Tripura etc. 

I had few shoots to be completed before I set off. Though I had visited the pandal celebration an year before as well. This time I feel as though a different experience is awaiting me. 

A rather cute memory from an hour ago made me beam wide. 

"Going for the puja ?" Shaheen, my elder sister, asked me from the the adjacent room. She was at home today owing to her new book related work. "Yup, couldn't say no to Deb uncle. Ayan has gone so much on his baba, their charm always seems to work" grinning I remembered how easily I said yes to my best friend's dad. 

"Shaheen ?" hearing her cough violently, I ran towards her. She had her hand pressed to her chest and her back bend. "God, I told you not to drink ice water bro. This is what happens when you don't listen!" She was the eldest and me, the youngest hierarchically speaking but most of the time she gets lecture from me. 

Taking a heavy breath, she turned to look at me " Als, whom are you fooling here ? The world knows why on earth you're interested to attend the puja this year, inspite of your work pressure." Casting a look at her, I pretended to not get her point. "Drink this and sleep."

I ignored her remark and made her drink the tonic.

"Don't worry about me, Worry about yourself," she kept her hand on my head and grinned. Turning my face from her, my cheeks gave away a silent blush which made me curse my stupid senses. 

I quickly pecked her cheek and dashed outside with my purse. 

At the Pandal 

"Aloo you came !" strong hands enclosed me in a warm embrace and I came back to the present scenario. Ayan had spotted me in the entrance, engrossed in my thoughts. He came to welcome me with a bright smile. 

His dad came towards us with a huge smile "Beta aap aa gaye ? We were waiting for you. Come inside and take your darshan." Deb uncle was the sweetest and cutest of the clan. After hugging him and few other dignitaries present, we moved further into the pandal. 

The air had joyful spirits, people adorned in the best, women in gorgeous sari's and men in dashing kurta's. While outside was noisy, inside the tent one gets more of a relief. Beautiful mantras were chanted on microphones, devotional songs blasted from the speakers and the common glow within the gatherers were definitely the highlight. 

But my eyes searched for -

"Aloo, you look stunning bro," Ayan leaned towards my ear to speak thanks to the volume around. I nodded in gratitude.

But my eyes searched for someone. The reason why I came here in the first place. 

Where is he ?