S A N G E E T - IV (#25)

Beautiful book cover by Manish <3 Thank you for offering this :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Alia's POV]

In walked Lolo and Pooja, leaving us all surprised. 

"Why is every first thing happening on our Sangeet ?" asked Ranbir next to me, in a glint of smile. I nodded with a blush myself. My sister Pooja and Ranbir's cousin Karishma weren't known for being good colleagues. They worked in the same 90's that heralded both Lolo, Pooja and a bunch of other actresses. That was an era where things were tough and women weren't much friendlier in cinema. 

"I could have never imagined both of us on a platform ever," smiled Lolo at my sister who mirrored the same as some of us whistled. "All's well that end's well. And thank you our dearest Ranbir and Alia for making all of this seem possible. Tonight we want to say something together-" said Pooja eyeing Lolo. 

"Rab ne bana di jodi !" they exclaimed together for everyone to applaud. I found myself blushing way too much tonight. Gosh, what am I going to do tomorrow i.e our wedding day ?!

My heart raced thinking about tomorrow. The way we had decided every single detail and how it will all come together. Ranbir was going through something similar and he wouldn't tell me. We were both nervous. Not because we didn't trust each other but because it was a beginning. A new step to a different yet same life. 

"Last time poor Akash and Shloka were trolled on their own sangeet by Karan with the same phrase." On lolo's reminder we laughed thinking about that day.

Karan, Ayan, Ranbir and I were on stage to congratulate the Ambani couple (also best friend of my would be husband). While praising how they complimented each other, Karan proudly declared them as 'Rab ne bana di jodi' and after a round of applause, cleared that he wasn't talking about them. But about me and Ranbir. 

It was obvious who came next. I wasn't much surprised at them performing, given their bond with Papa and Maa. Akash and Ranbir were best friends and their family was now like my own. They broke my myth of how I generally saw them. Both Mukesh uncle and Nita aunty were warm hearted and they raised their kids with good values and humility. 

The Ambani's danced to popular hits and it was adorable to see the boys dancing with their dancer mother. There were no judgements. Just pure joy of being able to dance with one's family. As they ended theirs, Ranbir ran up the stage to hug his pal and their family. 

Shaheen stood on stage with her charming smile. " Someone closest to my sister and future brother in law, comes to grace the stage next, more so to onslaught our vision! He's everything you do not expect him to be. Yet he's the alpha and omega of Bollywood, the phone directory of the industry. The man without whom our parties won't be a superhit. Please welcome the guy who needs no introduction yet I'm forced to give one, the so called Dad of my sister, Father of Drama oops Dharma, Karan (aaaaaa - kkhh tune) Johar !!! "

That was probably the bestest introductions I've heard in a while. Shaheen truly was a good orator.

As my sister welcomed Karan on stage, I stood up to clap for my dad. He really had dreamt of this night more than anybody else. To dance at his children's (me, Sid and Varun) Sangeet like no one's watching. We were curious to see the hidden dancer inside him. Because he surely kept his dance germ, dormant for most of his life.

My heart leapt at the way he gazed at the audience beneath. This is it!

And heaven he did took away our breath ! 

For some odd reason he chose to shake a leg on 'Prem ratan dhan payo.' ! The way his hands moved in the air, graceful sway of his legs and to see something other than his usual smirk, we were in awe of this man. Of course the idea was to entertain us and who else better than him to make us laugh like we've never. Everyone before him had started to pale in front of this.