S A N G E E T - III (#25)

[Ranbir's POV}

Shaheen climbed the stage with her mic. She looked adorable in her lacha gifted by our side whereas I selected the colour green. It suits her just as much as her sister, who sat next to me but was rather busy chatting with my family to my left. 

"Our next performance is indeed special. Ranbir's gonna love this," she grinned at me. I made a rough guess in my head. "I ain't dancing for you." She laughed at my sour face. 

"Kaise nahi aayega usko pasand ... aakhir Kapoor's are known for their ultimate obsession with themselves. Yeh bas apne favourite hai, baaki hum pasand ya napasand karein usse koi matlab nahi." Arjun had a valid point as we clapped for him chuckling.

"Aren't you a Kapoor yourself ?" asked Shaheen. "Ours is a second hand clan. They are the OGs." His sarcastic voice cracked us and rightly so, my relatives whistled a bit more. "So without wasting much time, let's welcome the Kapoor cousins."

The stage glittered a bit more to accommodate my side of cousins and their partners. 

Armaan and Aadar, my two little brats, much widely known as my local lookalike's, smiled with their glasses right in the front. Smoke filled the stage and we hooted with anticipation. The Jain brother knew how to rock any stage and they were more punjabi than I ever am. A very familiar tune swayed into my ear and my eyebrows rose up. 

"Saale, kaminey! Yehi mila tujhe ..." I cursed among the howls that arose from the hall.  

They were performing to one of my iconic and quite trolled songs. A song that made me a walking meme. Not that it affected me any more, I found it highly amusing but it would certainly give Alia an edge over me tonight. 

Tujhse log kahenge,
Na kar pyar mujhe

They pointed at Alia and she let out a happy squeal to my utter embarrassment. She winked at me with a bright face. Definitely teasing me tonight! 

Main tho lakh bura hoon,
neend chura loon, hosh uda doon
Mein tho baho mein le ke
Raah bhula doon, bath bana doon

From my mother to my daadi to Sam and even Taimur, everyone's cheering unabashedly with an unmistakable grin! "I soooo wanted this! But you should have performed na" Alia pouted beside me and I leaned closer to reply. "Your definitely going to have your wish fulfilled today." 

She gave her 100 watt smile and we looked towards the stage, ready to sing along. 

Chahe jahaan dil ko chupa
Baathon hi baathon mein,
do mulakaton mein le loon

Entered Anissa, Riddhima, Bharat, Zahaan, Karisma, Kareena, Saif, Nikhil, Shweta and Natasha. We sat on the edge of our seat to cheer and sing along. The energy pumping in us. 

Baachna ae haseeno,
Lo mein aa gaya
Hey baachna ae haseeno lo mein aa gaya
Husn ka aashiq husn ka dushman
Apni ada hai yaaron se juda

They were all paired and their collective energy had me in shock. Damn, my cousins are indeed smooth. I forgot my apprehensions for a minute and sang loudly from my throat. I wasn't alone. Everyone in the room were singing and doing it's hook up step. Alia almost whacked my face with hers. 

We had all become Ranveer Singh by now. On the verge of dancing ourselves. The boys were in so much swag that it was almost impossible to not join them. But guess who does ? 

My about to be wife! 

Alia leaves my hand to climb the stage which caused a happy applaud in the hall. My cousins made way for her to stand in the middle and they made a semi circle around her. My face was already hot with the energy but now I looked a beetroot.