Part 2 - Birthday in Bulgaria

Wasn't meant to delay this one, but exams and other stuff caught me up. Anyways this would be the last update of the year :D 

Wishing y'all a Merry Christmas and Happy 2020 !

Enjoy the second part :=) 

..............................................

[Alia's POV]

Froze 

I froze for one whole minute and my head snapped so quick that it hurt my neck. Jesus Christ! What did I do ?!

Neetu Kapoor sat next to me in a chair with a smug looking Ranbir besides her !!

OHMYGOSH ! I really fucked this up, haven't I ?

I could literally feel my mouth hang and touch the floor. Eyes could anytime roll down. My heart dropped like a log. Wtf, I screwed up ! Neetu aunty, here ?! All this while I thought it was Bir next to me and thus I kept rambling but it was his MOTHER! She heard, didn't she ? My cheeks flustered and all of a sudden the room started to close and I felt too hot. Meanwhile Ayan and Ranbir had the time of their life, shaking with laughter. 

"A- aunty.. ? Aap yahan ?" managed to find my voice and ask. What if she's just a hallucination ? 

"W-o-w! What a surprise. I really didn't expected you here aunty. Thank you so much for coming. Eh, how long have you been sitting here ?" I kept a normal face but inside I was freaking as hell. "Just in time to hear you speak so kind about my husband and myself" and she joined the other two in their laugh-against-alia initiative ! Too embarrassed with how I behaved, my face went red. 

"I'm sorry. I really wasn't in my senses. This son of yours na, kept teasing me so much that I rambled all of that. I hope you don't take anything to heart" I said while keeping my eyes down. A hand went under my chin and gingerly lifted my head and I saw a beaming aunty "Kya galat kaha tumne ? Kuch bhi toh nahi. In fact you were praising me left right center! Thank you darling. I agree I hit quite a big jackpot and also happen to give birth to this devil" she mirthed in glory and pulled Ranbir's ear for fun. 

"Absolutely! No denying there" Ayan joined them nodding his head, grinning badly. The fact that Neetu Kapoor, Ranbir's mom came all the way to Bulgaria, just to spend time with me on my birthday, warmed my heart like anything ever. I just didn't saw this coming. "Aunty you know how much this means to me, right ?" I asked her with adulation reflecting in my eyes, gently squeezing her hands.

She held her other palm on top of mine and whispered "Yes I do. We say our gratitude to strangers, apno ko kaun hamesha thank you karta hai ? Soni couldn't come toh main aa gayi." 

She had no clue what her words did to my being. Had heard a million theories about her from inside folks who probably lived on gossip for diet but today she showed her true precious self to me. By shattering the wrong notions on herself, she secured a safe corner in my heart. "Arey yeh kya ? Rana, look at her! Don't tell me she's crying" gasped aunty making me chuckle as fresh tears escaped my eyes. "This is her normal maa. Why do you think she's good at break down scenes ?" joked Ranbir and I smacked the hand he had used to rub my back. 

"Dekho bhai there are some rules. Birthday folks don't cry, just glow, okay ? Now wipe these precious tears and walk me through this maze of a set please" she ran her palm over my head and wiped my tears making everyone scream aww. I laughed at the way my brain had turned mushy and got up to give her a set tour. 

By the time we came back to the place we had left from, it was lunch break. We were joined by every single one present on the set from our technicians, to behind the scene crew and co- actors. All of us lunched with gaiety. There was lots of laughter, fist pumping, scrunched faces and food moans on our table. Neetu aunty gelled in well with everybody.