W e d d i n g - III (#26)

"Once in a while, in the middle of an ordinary life, life gives us a fairytale"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The wedding procession led by Karan reached the foot of the venue with pomp and zest touching the sky. They stopped and stared at the massive altar and the brilliant decoration decked in marital glory. As the groom's side waited outside, team bride hurled themselves just in time to catch a glimpse of the baraat frenzy.

Alia's parents came forward along with some of her elder relatives, cousins and industry friends. Soni carried the aarti thaali to welcome her son in law (to be in a matter of hours) accompanied by few other elder women from her family and the industry. Karan smiled at them and greeted bride's parents before turning back to face his team.

"That was a spectacular procession you all. Super proud of our young and elderly, for participating and grooving. Much to all of our horror and surprise" a wave of chuckles crashed across. 

Ranbir constantly blushed throughout the procession like a ripened tomato. His family had went a top notch wilder, after ganging up with his male friends. As he finally reached his wedding venue, his eyes raked over the stunningly decked mandap and it's premises. He could hear the waves knocking upon the boulder, almost as if they could feel his heart galloping inside his chest.

Alia, I can't wait anymore .....

His soul pleaded internally as he gazed up at the window, from where he estimated his bride would be seated, all decked up, waiting for him,

Meanwhile his bride plopped herself at last on a comfortable chair, drowned in her bridal glory, tired with the amount of craft work done to her from head to toe. Her eyes, almost droopy with exhaustion, yet a strange spark flaming in her, rested upon the massive window, sadly covered by film sheets, hazing her view. It was done deliberately so that she doesn't peaks in to catch up on the outside frenzy and most importantly, the groom procession.

Rituals were strict and so was her patience, that seemed to die with every minute.

"Can't I open that window, Pooj ? I need some air okay ?" her voice pretends to be thinner, in an attempt to coax the ladies, dominating her room and head. Pooja glanced at her and then back to the mirror, adjusting hair pins on herself and Shaheen, who now sat in front of the vanity mirror, doing her last minute make up.

"Pari, Shra ? Pleaseeeee" she pleaded trying to get some attention from the girls, busy with their own dress up game. "Aloo please thodi der aur baba. You'll see him anyway tonight. He's yours for life so why this jald baazi ? Calm yourself for a while and have some orange juice while we get ourselves dressed, theek ?" Rhea cajoled her with a pin in her mouth, as she adjusted her lehenga's dupatta while Kanchi frowned over her dress plaits.

With a frustrated sigh, Alia closed her eyes for a minute, trying to calm herself just like everyone had advised. As she immersed her chaotic thoughts into her inner pool of stillness, she heard the jingling of metal trinkets and female giggle, loudly barging inside the already stuffed room.

"Kanchi, come let's go downstairs. Baraat has reached. Jeej looks super hotttt!"

Her eyes snap open as she heard those words. 

"Whaaat?! They're here already ? How come I didn't heard any loud noise ?" squealed Pari as she quickly wore her wedges. Shraddha's mouth went wide as she remembered "Ohhh no wonder Bir said that the room's here were made keeping in mind to shut outside noise completely. But we need to rush then."

"Offo talk less and chaloooo." 

In a flash the girls rushed out of the room, leaving a sour faced bride behind.