Jo mera hai woh tera hai

WE CROSSED 50K YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA! 

So much has happened in the last 4-5 years of this book's inception and origin. Having seen my baby grow from a tiny tot to this big adult, enjoying everybody's adulation and respect in such a short span, has been a joy and privilege. I am eternally grateful for this love. 

I don't know if I deserve such a feat but I do definitely feel like I've climbed some summit and this will be a huge part of my resume as a creative artist, forever! 

Thank you once again for your wholehearted support and for continuing to find joy and love within my baby. Big hug <3 

Cute Rk-Aloo-Ayani ff for y'all :)))

___________________________________

A gentle zephyr sang through the balcony of Vastu Apartments, the comfy nest of the Kapoors. 

It was a normal summer day where the Kapoors were joined by their eternal favorite human slash best friend Ayan Mukherji, who was dropping by quite often to play with his little Raha. The family were only pleased to see both of them bond. 

As usual Ayan had brought with him an entire shop of toys that the child wasn't yet ready to play. Alia huffed at the menace created on her balcony floor. "Ayan! Why would you loot shops like this! I told you she has enough. You and Ranbir have bought her toys to last a lifetime."

He just smiled and continued to play with his doll. 

This little infant had just become a huge part of his life. She had revealed many a close doors of his heart. A gaping hole in him had been filled by this tiny angel. She completed him in ways he could not explain even to his best friends. 

Ranbir joined them after his morning shower. He squat down next to his friend, joining in to play with his precious daughter of five months. She had just begun to lock eyes with those around and was already gifting them her priceless smiles. It was a magical period in their lives as parents. "Hi my jaan. Are you playing with chachu? You like him don't you.." 

Ranbir and Ayan were particularly besotted with Raha Kapoor. They were her biggest fans. If she burped, or even pooped, they would go on to talk about it for days as if she'd done some amazing achievement. They were constantly in awe of this tiny human that had instantly grabbed hold of their hearts with her pretty little fists.  

Alia shook her head and proceeded to clean the area. She had house help plus nannies for Raha but whenever she could, she loved to do everything alone. The sight of her husband, her best friend and her child, playing and giggling made her heart burst with unimaginable love and happiness. She was only grateful for the blessings. 

A thought popped into her head as she sat opposite to them on a chair. "Ayan, shouldn't you be marrying and having many such dolls for yourself too? You'll make a good dad." 

Ranbir agreed with a pat on Ayan's head. "I agree. See even Raha agrees chachu should get her siblings to play with." Raha who had no clue about this conversation, clapped with her adorable hands while her legs pumped in the air. "Aww my baby.." Ayan kissed her crown with affection. "He's so good with her. Plus we all know you are a good candidate for women. Tujhe ab shaadi kar leni chahiye." Ayan groaned at Ranbir's statement. 

He was tired of everyone telling him to marry. They just weren't ready to hear him. 

"I've had this discussion already. There's nothing to add more. I won't marry. I don't want to. I am happy living with my parents, you three, playing with Raha. I love my job and want to create memories with the people I adore. That's all I want from this life. Nothing more." 

"Ya but can't you rethink about this. If you do get to meet someone who matches your soul energy, your vibe, someone you can be friends with and also live with, then why not? You are important to all of us and we want you to be happy in life."

"After a point you become so distant and lonely from everyone. You'd want a companion, kids maybe. How else are we going to live in such a vast world where old fades and present is so momentary. Nothing is permanent. So are we. But having your own tribe around adds that much more value to your life. In times of joy, they cheer. And when grief strikes, they support." Alia added to what Ranbir proposed. 

"Absolutely. No wrongs there. But this is the life I have chosen for myself." Ayan knew nobody would get his point. 

"Okay but when you do find a person like we just mentioned, would you re-consider?" 

"Maybe. But the chances are nil. I am completely immersed in my job at this point and you can't get me out of it for at least a decade now. After 10 years if such a person still exists, then welcome." Raha held her chachu's hand once again to support him. She would always be there for him, she promised. 

"You know we will be here for you, don't you? Our home, our hearts will always be open for you. You are our No 1." Alia meant each of her words. Ayan teared at her sweet confession. Of them three, she was more open with vulnerable thoughts. 

"Jo mera hai woh tera hai. Raha is your daughter too. Alia is your best friend as well but wife meri hai. Baaki mera ghar, mera jaidaad, my will, everything's yours too." Ranbir said with a deadpan face, looking ahead. 

Ayan laughed "I know Rans, you don't have to tell me. And jeez Alia's my bestie, my little sis." 

Ranbir wrestled him to the floor with a roar of laughter that Alia apparently fell for. Their little heaven was once again chiming with pearls of love and shrieks of laughter. This was home.