RanbirAliaKiShaadi - V

40k FOR OUR FAM <3 love love and only love 

This was supposed to be my pre-birthday (2nd Aug) gift to y'all like I annually do with all my books but I got caught up with things :)

Thank you once again for finding time to read my work and appreciate it. Please comment more and let me know if you've got any ideas for the next chapter. 

Enjoy the chapter in Rk's pov <3 

______________________________________

| Ranbir's POV |

My heart played a silent tune. A melody that I barely recognized. But it was enchanting. Just like my bride who was about to enter the room. In a few seconds. And I was sweating badly. No words could erase the anxiety and excitement mixed with the adrenaline rush of this moment. I've seen this in movies but for the first and last time in life, I was at the focal of this much elevated moment where the bride and groom meet for the first time at the mandap. 

Mum kept an arm over me, gently stroking my nerves. She knew my mess. And how much we missed Dad around. Wish he was here. I looked around the room to find familiar faces. All smiled at me with comforting glances. Thank god for their cause without these, we wouldn't be ourselves. Only those who truly mattered were present. 

A soft melody hummed in the air as the bridal procession entered the room. Alia's girl squad along with Shaheen walked ahead of her carrying flowers. They looked exquisite. But I had my eyes only for my woman. My Alia. 

There she stood dazzling under the veil held by Karan and some male friends. 

Clad in her custom-made Sabyasachi couture, she chose ivory for us. The color melted with their fresh buttery skin of hers. She wore a stunning sari instead of a lehenga. Uncut sabya jewels decked her in minimalism. Her head shimmered in a cute matha Patti that was so going to be the new trend for brides. Her golden veil and open hair created a magical combination. 

My sweet darling precious angel. There she was. My Alia. 

I felt my eyes burn. As she walked toward me, not removing her mesmerizing gaze, I choked with overwhelming emotions. My chest felt too tight. I could hear soft sobs from the room. Some inhaled too loud while others silently praised us. In a room full of crowds, she and I had our eyes only on each other. 

She held a gentle yet steely gaze. And I melted under them. 

I wanted to be a proper romantic Ranbir for her at this particular moment, with wide-blown smiles. But nothing came. Just misty eyes staring at her without a blink. My face would be one for talks maybe later in our wedding album/video. I ghosted on her. But was I truly at fault? 

At someone's hiss is when I recognized the situation - Alia had already arrived in front of me. Her entourage had taken their respective places in the crowd. It was just her and me, face to face. Seeing her breathtaking face in close vision did something to my sense. I was stunned. Unmovable. Tranced. Thoughtless. 

"How do I look?" she whispers asked. 

I was truly stupefied. She stole words from me. Nothing would come. So I did the next best thing I knew. The Barfi mime, where I showed her that she had completely stolen my heart and it was now all hers to keep for eternity. I wouldn't ask nor be I interested. It was hers all along, always. Amidst loud cheers, I kept my heart at her feet with a smile and a tear rolled down my cheek. 

She giggled and pretended to dust my heart as she picked it from the floor. 

"Let's start the rituals," the pandit announced.