His World (#32)

* I am Back!!!*

His foot tapped on the wooden tile beneath. Fingers fidgeting over iphone, rotating in a loop. With brooding eyes and a slightly pale face sat the Kapoor heir on his arm chair, mindlessly lost in his own track of thoughts.

Then all of a sudden he stopped playing with his phone to begin rocking himself back and forth with one arm across the desk.

He was restless and so was the sky – with it’s hot gaze searing through the glass window of ‘Kapoor & Sons’ , the brand new production chip on the block helmed by the worthy scion of the legendary clan – Ranbir Kapoor.

Rk Studios no longer existed as the second generation sons sold the property long before. Ranbir, their heir, had no interest to revive his ancestor’s iconic production legacy. Instead he wanted to create his own magic, produce his own films under a banner of his own. He had been thinking about going forward with this vision since a while and now with his wife Alia playing captain to her own banner ‘Eternal Sunshine,’ she encouraged him to begin his own and chase all his dormant dreams.

Her smiling face flashed on his phone screen.

She, his rose; stream to his desert, sun to his dark sky. The very reason of his existence, owner of his breath. Her breathtaking smile made him pause and stare. As she fondly gazed at their piece of heart, their daughter – Aziva Kapoor.

Tiny arms clasped in a fist soars in the air with face shining like a thousand splendid suns. She smiles with her eyes closed, just like her parents. Alia has her arms raised in the air to catch her ball of absolute joy.

The picture was taken few months back post the birth of their little one. And just like that, Ranbir found himself melt at the two halves of his world. They were his ultimate reason of happiness. Without them he is an empty shell.

Of all the million clicks he had taken of Azy as they lovingly call her, this particular picture of her and Alia fills his heart with immeasurable pride. Sometimes he fears of being so happy around them. Scared if their little world would crumble.

Perhaps that had made him extremely insecure over the past few months. He was finicky over the little-est of things. And in that chaos, he upset his wife which made her leave their home with their daughter to stay with Shaheen, his sister in law in their old Juhu apartment.

He clearly remembered that night of argument. They rarely fought over silly things but that night post a heavy dinner party at his parent’s home, they were driving back home. Alia sat behind with Azy in her child seat, secured and giggling. She was awfully quiet the whole day and it kept bothering him. It took him some time to identify the cause of her silence.

A day before he had gone for a morning show hosted by Karan. It featured him and Deepika. They were nothing but old friends/love gone wrong. Karan in his usual digging mood, resurfaced an old story related to them which made him extremely uncomfortable. To which his old flame responded cheekily, “I will always hold a special place in his heart. We had a very deep connection that can’t be forgotten that easily. It will always stay with us. I don’t think anybody else can ever grasp what we share. We will always stay close.”

It was a threshold he had clearly warned her to not cross years before. But she did, knowing very well the repercussions. While the audience cheered, Ranbir wanted to storm out of the place and be away from drama.

He came home to a chilled Alia and that made him sigh. They did talked about his day which included what was said by Deepika as it was a live show. Initially she took it with a pinch of salt like she often does. But one thing lead to the other and before he could explain himself, Alia walked out of their home with Aziva after the dinner party at his parents.

She had never done that before. They would always talk and discuss. But that day Ranbir was in a lost trance. He blurted something he shouldn’t have and unfortunately agreed (in her eyes) to her statement that said, ‘deepika, katrina and a million other significant others will always be more important than your own goddamn wife and child! Keep that stupid deep connection with them, we are better off without you.”

Her words still stings hard. It dropped like a big blow at his face as he found himself fixed to the floor, seeing them leave. His eyes watered like it would in his films, his heart bruised like hers. He was angry but more hurt.