W e d d i n g - IV (#26)

" I finally found you, my missing puzzle piece" 

Holding his hand, she climbed the mandap to stand next to him, facing her man. His orbs glistened with unshed tears and so did hers. They had waited long enough for this day. As groom and bride.

"Shall we begin the ceremony ?" asked the head priest, observing the couple and their families, much besotted with each other

"Shall we begin the ceremony ?" asked the head priest, observing the couple and their families, much besotted with each other. Both parents smiled at each other and gave their nod. They led their respective child to the middle of the altar, where the couple had to sit.

Ranbir couldn't still pluck off his eyes from the love of his life. She shone under the radiant moon light, almost as if blessing them for eternity. Her skin blossomed under the pale rays, like a Goddess in all her glory. He couldn't believe they had actually crossed all their hurdles and hardships to have finally reached this stage.

The stage where all their dreams would come true.

Alia had never blushed this insane, all throughout her life. Ranbir's heated gaze over her, rumbled her soul in a way she could never comprehend. They've been living together since the last few months and yet, he had that magnetic power over her.

It wouldn't fade ever, would it ?

"Thank you for choosing me. For keeping your promise and not abandoning me on the altar... your breathtaking." His deep voice echoed somewhere in the darkest chamber of her heart, putting her in a mushy mess.

"I had to come since you agreed to come yourself," she laughed. "Thank you for being mine. You look no less than a beautiful prince." Mustering all of her courage, she spoke with sincere eyes. Blushing a second later.

Their little moment of privacy was soon snatched by the strong crash of the shores, behind them but watchable by their guests.

They looked afar to see the wedding come alive with colours, a crazy multitude of guests, flash game of camera's and their family-friends coccooning them around. This was more than what they could weave. A surreal fairytale.

"Haaye main maari jaawan! They look so perfect" gushed Rima bua, inching closer to bless the couple. She pulled out few fresh currency notes from her desi pouch and with a circle of notes above the couple's head, she warded off evil powers. "Can we have Mukesh Ambani to do more of that. We need some serious help to protect them from buri nazar. Where's he ?" called out Arjun, mockingly searching for the Ambani's, making their group cackle.

Soon their folks up on the mandap settled in their respective seats aligned in an outer circle, for them to have a closer view of the ceremony. For the guests, six massive LED screens displayed the wedding scene, making everyone sigh longingly at how perfect it was.

The ceremony begins with a prayer to Ganesha, the god of beginnings and good fortune and the remover of obstacles. A group of priests began their chanting and prayers around the fire kindling in the center, a symbol of purity.