RanbirAliaKiShaadi - VI

Have you watched Brahmastra? Please go and watch if you haven't! IT'S AN UNMISSABLE  BIG-SCREEN EXPERIENCE! I've been once and I can tell you how humongous it is!~ More about that in my Notes below :) 

I know I shouldn't be taking too long to end this series. Life, as you know, makes you flow through various channels. I barely get time to hop on to this app anymore. I don't remember the last book I read here! It's been a come-and-update-my-book thing for quite some time. 

Anyways I plan to end the series here. Their reception part will come when I get the inspiration to do so. So yeah, let's wrap it up. 

______________________________

| Alia's POV | 

"Say Hi to my wife everyone"

I faced our fifty-something guests huddled together in our sprawling apartment living room, where we decided to tie the knot. Ranbir was moved post the jaimala, shedding tears and couldn't stop believing this day has come. He kept looking at me with glossy eyes. Not ready to accept all of this was finally happening. 

After declaring me his wife already after jaimala, our friends and family cheered and clapped along. They directed us back to our seats for the main ceremony. Ranbir was particular about the whole ritual. He was traditional to my friend's surprise. He intently listened to every chant the pandit spoke, asking questions in between to clear his doubts! 

"Itne dhyaan se maine shaadi ki hoti toh aaj zindagi bohot alag hoti," Randhir Kapoor made a funny remark. 

I meanwhile had my mind elsewhere. The sun was about to set. We were having an afternoon wedding, thus the movement of the sun becomes an integral point of the wedding rituals. I wanted my perfect sunset shot with my husband (I mean in few more minutes) but he was just dragging the whole thing. 

"Ranbir" I kept nudging his thigh for some response. He knew what I was doing but still continued with his obedient composure. Whereas everyone lese caught a miff of my action. "Bhai jaldi karo kaunsa phd lena hai shaadi mein! Chalte chalte seekh lena..ek din mein koi expert nahi ho jaata." I loved Bharat for making the point clear. 

It was time for us to make the seven vows around the precious fire. 

Fire reminded us of Brahmastra. Ranbir's character had powers of fire, AgniAstra! It was all linked and meant to be from the beginning. 

"Dulha is agni himself so sakshi (witness) maangke chakkar lagane ki zaroorat nahi. Alia tu Ranbir ke chakkar laga." Ayan the Brahmastra creator had to inject his mandatory Brahmastra talks in our wedding too! We laughed and took up our places. I took the lead first and then him. 

Flower petals weren't going to die. Our friends enthusiastically cheered us as we completed our vows around the fire. With each step I felt more closer to him as a partner, as his wife. He became my permanent reality, a name engraved next to mine in papers and in heart. 

Now it was time for the final step, the mangalsutra and sindoor time. 

Ranbir had already created quite a happy chaos at my side with his over extravaganza purchase of a big af diamond ring that was bigger than my whole hand! It had a big shining stone in the middle surrounded by eight smaller diamonds around it. It bore the engravement - MRS. HIPSTER, each letter stands for one relationship philosophy, our secret vow to each other. 

That and our wedding golden/diamond band was way enough for me but Mr Kapoor didn't stop! He had to load in more bling and glitz for his missus. He and I are maniacally obsessed with the Number 8 which by now is a universal fact. Thus, my boy bought me a solid No 8, infinity when vertically placed, customized mangalsutra. My own kaleeras were all customized into cute infinity symbols, clouds, birds and hearts.