Proposal in the wild

Happy 2023 everyone :)

First and foremost I want to thank y'all with everything I have for letting this book touch so many hearts and become my most-read book on this platform! I knew this day would come. That it might cross my previously most-read book (Dreams Woven Beautifully, a Sidlia FF). And it did within a few years. This would not have been possible without your valuable support. 

I love you guys so much. 

_________________________________

Masai Mara, 2021

[Ranbir's POV : enjoy ]

Finally, time for New Years getaway. I've been eagerly awaiting this moment. Last year me and Alia and our combined families spent time together at Ranthambore. A much needed vacation for both sides. 2020 was by far our most painful year. It taught us many lessons but more importantly, taught us the value of family, of love, and relationships. 

That you never take those close to you for granted. People die and are gone in a second. Nothing remains for posterity. But what does is how you live your life with them while they're alive. Loosing dad was and is a shock from which my family hasn't yet recovered. Maybe we will never. And it is justified. We lost a major part of our soul. Especially mom. 

But we are healing day by day. Thanks to the brilliant support system in the form of family and friends. Alia and Ayan have also been my pillars of strength. I cannot imagine my state especially in this phase of my life without them. They made the lows look less miserable. The highs more appreciable. In fact I derived all my energy from them. 

This year has been a major turn out for both me and Alia. We were constantly shooting for all our delayed movie schedules and the upcoming ones. We could barely sit across each other and watch sunsets or just laze around in our balcony, a habit we so dearly cherish. 2021 also gave us a dose of COVID, a wretched virus. It separated us on Alia's birthday and later she caught the stupid disease too. But through it all we walked together. Side by side. 

And it's only fair to finally put an end to ours and our family's misery. To finally step into our next phase. Our beginning of a new dawn. 

She and I were planning our wedding for the last 4/5 years. We were supposed to be wedded by 2020 end. But thing's never went our way. None of us were talking about it. We wanted to see how life takes us. It needed to come organically to us. And this year I wanted to end on that bright happy note. I wanted us to sign the deal and hop on for wedding. Even though we shared a home together, I couldn't help but want us to stop playing cat and mouse with the media and the fans. We were seriously serious. And I wanted us to be okay enough to hold hands in public, walk together without feeling a hundred eyes judge us and our relationship. I wanted us to officiate our togetherness. Put an end to all the criticism and make it more real. 

Alia remained clueless when I suggested we go to Masai Mara again this year. Last time we spent a glorious week in this magical wilderness. The impact remains irreplaceable. What better place could I get than Masai Mara, amongst the wild and beautiful, in the middle of nowhere, to propose the one woman who managed to seep into my restless cold walls, shattering all my self defensive guards, dusting off my guilt and permanently nestling in the depth of my heart. 

My sun and all my moon. My Alia. 

Life without her I can never imagine. I wonder how I lived before she swooshed in. What was life like before her entry? Oh just a cold misty place. A dry desert with no signs of rain. 

My beautiful Alia, the soul who met my mate. 

I wanted to keep my proposal a thick secret. And what's the best way to keep a secret? Keep it a secret! I didn't involve any third party within those we mutually know. Only I knew what was I upto. From Van Cleef and Arpels, a french luxury brand, I personally customized this massive-sized diamond ring that could easily make any knees go weak. I wanted it to be large and bold. People should know I meant LOVE. She deserves nothing less.