Meant to be (#34)

Happy New Year babies ❤️❁

Ik it's been a while since I've showed up but college deadlines, upcoming sem end exam & assignments had kept me away.

What's interesting about this chapter is that I drafted it on my phone ! 🤧
Not a fan of doing that & since my pc Wattpad acc issue still persists, I thought of not letting go of this idea gleaming in my head and instead draft it via phobe itself :)

It's short but hope you love it.
︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵

|2022|

Promotions were going at a superfast pace. Jee Ke Zara, a film by Farhan Akhtar, was less than a week away from release.

The lead actors, all A list females coming together for the first time, have already created a positive buzz for the film. They had taken down a considerable amount of time from their extra tight schedules to promote this special film.

They sat at Film Companion's office for an interview scheduled with top critic Anupama Chopra.

The girls tired by the round of interviews they've given in a single day, sat with a brave face albeit exhausted.

The shoot began on an excited note courtesy the interviewee's thrill. She got her hands on not one, not two, but three big superstars, if you discard the gender bias, of the country under her office roof!

As the shoot progressed, Alia who had by then almost given up on her energy, sank more comfortably into her seat. Exhaustion visible on her face. Anupama must have noticed it as she changed her attention to the youngest charmer in the room.

"So all three of you are established, sought-after women. But we also know that you three are in happy relationships. While Priyanka and Katrina have made it legally official, Alia the nation wants to know when do we get to hear bells ringing from your side ?"

The room bursts with 'oohs' and obvious teasing as all eyes land on Alia who visibly blushes till her root.

She plays with her hair locks and smiles. "We want to know babe" Pc whistled in merry.

Katrina maintains her silent composure but smiles a little "Don't be shy. Announce it."

Alia pretends to agree with her nod but her cheeky grin says it all. The day's not far .....

"Uhm we'll see " she laughed.

Anupama presses on it. "That we do since a good 4-5 years. But this has sort of made us anticipated and if I'm not wrong Ranbir had confessed it back in 2020 that you two were supposed to seal the deal back then! It's been two years since and your fans are eagerly awaiting for the D-Day. I know it's too personal but why is it taking so long ?"

Alia presses her lips in a thin smile and takes a shy pause.

"Even I'm curious now! 2020 mein you were supposed to marry matlab ?" Priyanka looks bewildered at the new finding.

Katrina pats her shoulder and giggles "You've been too far to know our whereabouts." To which they all laugh.

"Yeah, your right. We were meant to be marry already but  circumstances were such that we had to postpone. Initially we were dealing with the tragedy and then covid hit all our plans goodbye! Then we sort of took some time with family, went for holidays, completed our shoots, and bought a home together. We needed that time and space to connect again and try healing each other and ourselves."

Her face glowed in a new light as she opened like never before.

"In fact he and I, according to our close friends and family, were supposed to marry the minute we got romantically involved. Those months prior to becoming more than friends (while brahmastra prep), we were trying to understand and see each other in an honest light. And it all felt perfect from Day 1! Nobody could say otherwise. We fit in like gloves."