RanbirAliaKiShaadi - II

What better day to publish their mehendi chapter on their 1 month mehendi day anniversary ? Can't believe it's been a FULL MONTH ! Time surely does fly.

Too too close to reach 35k! 

Every day the view count increases like damn <3 At least 50k + influx per day!! Similar to how Alia's Ig page is growing thanks to Gangubai storm in Thailand omg haha! 

<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

|Mehendi - Pooja Day |

[Ranbir's POV]

We wanted a two day main hustle with a chilled party, a day later. 

Today is our Mehendi and other pre wedding functions. But before anything else, we started off the auspicious day with a special puja dedicated to dad, invoking his blessings as we begin a new journey. Mom, Riddhima, Sam and Bharat along with few close relatives came from my side. Alia had just her immediate family for the puja. We conducted it in our shared apartment.

After spending few blissful hours in his remembrance, we split to get ready for the main function of Day 1, Mehendi. The whole apartment was decorated in pastel shades, cut outs of cute birds flew from our ceiling. Fresh flowers bloomed in every corner. The whole house looked breathtaking. 

We had around 40 guests consisting of only those who mattered to us. It was a tedious task to narrow down names from our clan and to think of ways to cajole those who couldn't be invited. I missed my father terribly. He would have gone personally to everyone's house, asking for forgiveness. He wanted a grand wedding but we are doing one, just in the presence of people dearest to us, in a private affair. The opulence would stay intact like how he would have wanted. 

"Riddhi just show me the steps ya if you want me to perform!" Bebo walked in looking like a diva. Riddhima hideously took her inside with a pinch. I knew what they were up to. Mom and few folks from my side were planning a little dance surprise for us. Since all of this was done in a hurry, none of us could sit and plan for sangeet or any such performances. It was just going to be a two day chilled wedding. But I came to know of Mom's plan during one of our video calls where she was at Masterji's (family choreographer) house for a day long rehearsal.

And I pretended to not know of anything. I had initially planned to do a solo or say a group thing with cousins on Tenu leke main jaawanga for Alia. It was one of our fav tracks and nothing could beat the feeling of grooving on the same at my own wedding. I was indeed planning to sweep her away, with her owning all of my heart. 

The house soon began bustling with guests. Alia's girlfriends chirped around, looking in at decor details as some of them were doing it professionally. Her parents and Shaheen had just about reached. They all flocked to get the bride inside our main hall aka drawing room where cushions were placed to seat the bride, and all the ladies who would want to sit around, sing and get henna on their hands. My mom and sister were going a little mad as they had to do everything in a limited time and also alone considering dad wasn't around, which we all could terribly feel. 

I caught hold of my mother's pallu and gave her a long back hug. She sighed in my arms and rested her head on my chest. "Maa, you are doing great. And you look so stunning! Lagta hai shaadi aapki ho rahi hai. Papa would be so jealous." She giggled and gave me a slight punch. Her head looked up at me and I found her eyes getting filled. Dear Lord, how will I manage these two days without tearing up along with them ?!

"Maa .." I caressed her face. She nodded with a smile. "Yes yes I know. We shouldn't cry this soon. Abhi bohot kuch karna hai mujhe. Mere bete ki shaadi hai. Main apni beti ghar laa rahi hoon. I cannot cry yet." She picked up a tissue and began wiping from the corners of her eye. Karan joined us and consoled, "Neetu ji aap yeh piyein. Aap hamari samdhan hone ja rahi hain aur hamne abhi aapko rone ka haq nahi diya. Thode time ke baad we're all going to be on the same boat." He made her drink a sip from his juice and she laughed at her comment.