S A N G E E T - II (#25)

The stars in the sky laid awake.

Rustle of cold sea breeze caressing them.

They were restless since the weekend. For the second most important event in a Hindu ritual had arrived. They would bare witness to a night of emotions, music and joy.

Heck, even the sky stood still with bated breath, eager to peak in and see the most touted to be Sangeet of the decade. 

Both the families had come in full swing for the night and the one after this. Since Ranbir and Alia belonged to prominent power holding families, their parents and uncles went on to invite the whole of Bollywood! But for the reception that would take place next week in Mumbai.

For now it was just a gathering of close to hundred people, dearest to them. 

Karan had insisted to contribute something to the wedding of his dearest daughter. The families had already taken charge of basically leaving him with nothing much to do except attend. So they decided to hand him over the duties of Sangeet ceremony. Therefore Karan and his Dharma family with profound elation took upon themselves the solid rights of a true blue blooded cinematic Sangeet, dharma way of course.

The lawn of the hotel they stayed, sparkled like a fairy dripped in lights and glamour. Guests would walk in through a beautiful glass latern lit path from the staircase of the floor right up to the entrance of the ball room. Food stalls, DJ corner, additional dance floor and a massive bar counter were placed on either sides. Chairs were arranged in the middle just below the grand stage. Guests had started to fill in the seats. And to everyone's delight, the stage was something worth staring.

Soft lights illuminated the platform and threw its myriad colours even to the farthest corner of the hall that stood bedazzled

Soft lights illuminated the platform and threw its myriad colours even to the farthest corner of the hall that stood bedazzled. The setting was everything magical. More dreamier than the couple could ever wish for. Their family members had already arrived and so did the prolific guests.

Karan, parents, siblings of the couple, and the stars of the night - Ranbir and Alia were all outside the entrance, waiting to make an entry worth remembering. As per the choreographers instruction, the soon to be wedded pair along with their parents and siblings, were supposed to come down in a couple procession. The rehearsals for this entry was hilarious to begin with.

Samara and Pooja became each other's partners as they were left with no individual to pair. 

"Are we all ready ?"

Asked Sam loud enough for the procession behind her to hear. Giggling at her anticipation, the elders screamed together "Yes Captain! Lead the way." The little one held on to Pooja's hand, dressed in an adorable mini lehenga, waving at everyone. As they began to move in slow steps towards the main stage, 'Subhanallah' played its magic in the air.

Ranbir and Alia walked hand in hand, grinning ear to ear, the guests rose to applaud the procession. Loud cheers floated in the atmosphere as all eyes stood transfixed on the couple and their closed one's. If not for them, they wouldn't have walked the aisle this way.