Chapter 1

Follow the way I've describe the characters in words to get a clear picture. I'm not a type that puts pictures for description.

Rayne.

As the music start to play from the earpiece, I turn off the screen of my phone and lean against the car door whose window is rolled up. Letting my eyes wander the street, I watch as the blurry trees passes by me, seeming even blurrier due to the effect of the heavy rains, dropping down with simultaneously rumbling thunders.

My hands helps smooth my dress that stopped at my knees in my sitting position as the car drives past to our new house.

Dad's occupying the driver's seat. His hands, fixed firmly against the steering wheel, whitening his knuckles as he stares ahead. His index fingers taps the wheel, consistently while he and mom exchange chats - who's sitting on the passenger seat next to him.

After a while of sinking into the melody of the soft tune I'm hearing from the earpiece, I feel myself pull forward by a sudden change in gravity.

I open my eyes and leaned forward to notice that dad's face is tilted to the back seat where I am, his mouth is moving. Quickly, I remove the earpiece and he repeats what he's said before.

"We've arrived, Rayne." Then, he open the door and hop down from the vehicle. "You should be careful of those gadgets. It isn't healthy, raising up their volume too loud." Advises, dad.
"Yes, sir." I snicker at him. He face goes serious-minded.
"Claire, I'm serious."
"I know dad."

I alight from the car after mom and notice that the rain's almost gone and so, is the foggy air. It's just sieving down on us now.

"Let's just get some of this boxes down. We'll get the rest tomorrow." I hear mom say to dad but my attention is placed on the view ahead from me.
My father is rich, it is no deny, but I never actually thought, he'd own a house as fancy and grand as this. Not that I'm belittling him or something, it's just that I'm amazed by his worth. His businesses job pays more than I think, then. Says, a still voice at the inner part of my mind.

This place looks moderate, not too big but yet it looks like a dream house. The compound is filled with fragrances of fresh scent of nature. Decorative trees and field grasses are on either sides of the walkway and adjacent to the walkway are pot flowers of all sorts.

Small wooden fences, painted in cream acts as the gateway and at a side is a small fountain with a raven-haired, cemented, eagle statute on top. Dad loves fountains, so it's no amazement there's one in this kind of house.

The grasses looks even greener, probably from the effect of the rain. Snapping off my drooling, I collect a heavy cardboard box from dad, slightly obscuring my view by it's height.

Dad chuckles as he pass by me into our house while mom just shakes humorously her head beside him.

I inwardly roll my eyes at them, and start to walk inside when I hear a low creaking sound of a door opening. It calls my attention and I turn to my behind.
A girl of my age, I assume, emerges from the door with a bin in her hands. She has a golden, caramel skin, shining enough to beautify her under the incandescent light bulb fixed to the side-wall. She wears a blue, knit-made sweater with brown leggings, a white sneakers, having dirt when she steps on the muddy floor.
Dropping the bin, her hands turn into a wave, smiling on seeing me.
"Hi." I assume she mouth.
I smile back at her, unable to wave back. My hands, being occupied by the hefty box. She watches me as I make my way to the inside.

Finally getting in and dropping the box, I gape. The view is outstanding. I'm rendered speechless for a minutes or so, I think. The tiled ground is squeaky clean, free from slight dirt. In the living area where I am, cushions and chairs of all sorts and shapes forms a shape of chord at the sitting post and opposite from them is the wide, large, assumed-to-be more than forty inches, plasma TV, hanged onto the paper-wall, taking the shape of stars. The other materials, mostly at the dining area are made of sandstone and painted in beach-sandy colour.

I stop my wandering eyes from watching further, halting myself. It's my house as much as it's my parent's, and I can do some sight seeing later, whenever I want.

Dad and mom are walking behind me, paying attentions to my response. Most of the furnitures are made with glassy and wooden materials and they seem luxurious.

The whole place is stunning and delicate to the sight. The scents are pleasant to the smell. Everything seems inviting and cosy.

I turn my back to face dad and mom and say. "When..." I pause and look around again. "...you never told me, you're buying this kind of new house. It speaks money." I wonder.

"Honey, we wanted to surprise you." Mom smiles and walks closer. Her hands gently pat my cheeks before wearing my hair behind my ears. She then pulls me into a light hug. Dad embraces us both from sides with his long arms that indicates safety.

"I love this place." I mutter under their lovely bear hug.

"We knew you would." Dad says in his boasting tone and I roll my eyes at him while mom swat his shoulder.

***
Vote and comment and share.

Tell me your thoughts even if it's one syllable.