Chapter 17

Is that reason why she's straining as if she's in pain? Wait! Was he sucking too hard?

I can't see much, except Lydia's gasping mouth, her expression is like she's in a burning pain. The bad boy's mouth is at her neck...doing what to cause her those expressions? My subconscious is as dumb as I am. We honestly have no clue of what he's doing.

I penetrate my eyes closer, watching intently when I see some sort of red rays of light on Lydia's neck, likely coming from the guy's eyes.

Lydia is releasing muffled cries. I don't know what he is doing, but it gives her only pain. Her legs are weakening, giving up, but the guy's arms are holding Lydia up. I can see the weakness in her eyes.

I am preparing myself to help Lydia, while battling my inner disagreement of uncertainty of what the bad boy could do to me as well, when the air shifts, emitting another figure.

The guy's sister arrives all of the sudden, from nowhere. She was not here before, but then, she is now. It's like the comes out from the thin air - disappearing abilities, I suppose. What are they? Is this why they keep to themselves? Do they suck necks, or what?

"The Ryders - they are here." His sister panics, out of the blue, she's beside him in a flashy gait. She is just there in a second, and then, she's not. "We should leave now."

This is not possible - none of what they are doing should be possible. Where have I seen this from? - movies? I'm not sober, anymore. This isn't any alcohol, controlling me, making me see illusions. This isn't fake, but happening real - Lydia is dying for real. She is his girlfriend, isn't she? They are not human to me with the way I'm looking at them.

I pick up a dried branch, and run out from behind the tree, holding it up to beat the guy from continuing what he is doing. And then, will shout to the top of my lungs for help.

As I'm inches away from hitting him, in the fast moment. I watch as his sister bares her teeth, her canine, changes shape, elongating before my very eyes. I'm shocked to see something as that - it is like a beast is coming out from her gorgeous features. I freeze, unable to move my body, and shift my head to the bad boy. He is looking at me with those strange eyes, beaming copper this time around. He towers over me with his height. I squirm in fear, his teeth are in the same form as his sister.

He is controlling my body from being able to move, I assume, as he stands opposite from me. Lydia falls down, helplessly, and groan.

"You remembered, Rayne." He says. His abnormal eyes are beaming at me, glowing down, intensely.

"I remembered?" I question.

"No, again. You will forget. And do not ever try to remember. You will be in pain."

Finishing those unclear words of his, I hear a heavy, flapping sound of wings, approaching.

"They are here, brother." The bad boy's sister says, blinking up at the sky. I follow her gaze to the sky to see the large, impossible-to-be-in-existence, beast, flying in the sky. I heave, feeling my heart, wanting to fall out of my chest, causing pain to me instead.

"Is that...?" A hand hits my neck, but I heard the bad boy's last words, said in the same accent - antique, rich, and thick.

"Dragons."

***
Guys, please vote and comment. There will be more update tommorow. Nothing less than three updates. I'm sorry for not updating in a long time. Thanks for your patience.