Chapter 32

"Oh, that... it's about the old man. Many pity him."

"The principal? Why?" I already blurt out before it clicks, "is it about Lydia?"

"Yeah. She's still nowhere to be found and the principal is on a panic treatment."

"He had panic attacks?"

"Yeah," Shade state as if it's the most obvious thing I should have noted, "aren't you in school or what?"

"Oh," I release my grip on the Coke and stare down to the table. I only knew that Lydia was missing but I didn't know that the incident has lead Mr. Parker — the principal, Lydia's father to land in a hospital.

When I get to know about two weeks ago that Lydia hasn't been coming to school, my mind went straight to Nicklaus. It must have been his fault and that makes me get even angrier at him — he irks me like crazy and luckily for him to save his handsome ass, he hasn't been coming to school too. Ever since the other day we talked last in the woods, I haven't seen him.

I checked the woods every night but found nothing out of place, not even the wavering of the leaves on rims. It's like he doesn't exist anymore but I know, he still does. He's avoiding me.

Him, avoiding me and Lydia's predicament only prompt me to find more of the case and that led my researches to a website owned by the main library of this town. I've been visiting the library for the past few days but didn't find the kind of vampires myth I'm looking for — since that's one thing I'm thinking of Nicklaus to be, and of course, he acts so much to be one.

The occasional visit of mine to the library has earned me a grace from the female librarian. She's offered to help me to collect one of the most well-explanatory book that deals with all hidden myths of vampires.

I'll be going to the library tonight which is the plan I was been thinking of during chemistry.

"The police are on patrol for her, checking the woods and neighbourhood yet, no one has seen her. I really feel pity for her," Shade pierce her fork into her pasta, "and I last saw her in the party. I'm sure that's where she must have gotten lost."

"I think so too." Mia whisper and I sigh, knowing nothing to say.

As they continue to talk about Lydia's pitiful situation, I feel loathfulness for myself and Nicklaus. Instead of thoroughly hating him, I still find myself imagining his precious, delicate, smooth, attractive and yummy face. Why can't I just hate, as in, really hate him?

I couldn't drink my soda anymore, my mind flashing back to the argument between Carl and I. He hasn't come to school since that last time and I can't help but feel it to be my fault. Perhaps it's because of the way I had spoken to him. But on the other way round, talking to him that way shouldn't be his reasons not to come to school for a whole three weeks. Why is everyone — especially boys — I feel attractive to act strange and weird?

After the bell to go back to classes rang, I leave again before Shade and Mia could and they didn't stop nor ask me anything. I thank them, inwardly because I actually have nothing to say.

The bell for my last class rings and I grab my bag, cross it over my shoulder, and hurry out of the room. In the hallway, opening my locker, I stuff the books back to its space and close it when Shade meets up with me as she's almost reaching the exit.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Rayne. I may also give you a call tonight, suppose good news chimes in." Shade says as she's gaiting ahead of me. I snicker.

"Amen." I decide to play a little, making her laugh this time.

"Hallelujah. Okay. See you." Shade taps my shoulder and I watch her as she hugs Mia when she gets to her car.

I root my hands into my jeans pocket and take out my car keys. I made sure to keep my promises of taking my car to school. I open the door and slide in, stretching forth my hands to the ignition hole. With a tick to the right, the car roars to life and I drive out of the parking lot. I mumble most to myself in the car while the drive last and I made sure to turn on the radio. At least the jazz were able to drift me off thoughts, related to Nicklaus-damn-too-mysterious-Originals.

Opening the doors to the front door, Dad's voice is the first to greet me, "Rayne?"

,*
Thanks for reading. Much love. Laters. Vote and comment and share. #muah. Xoxo. 🤪😇

People, please do check out my second book here on Wattpad. It's named The Nocturnals and you'll be able to find it easier on my profile.