Chapter 30

👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
👉👉👉 So guys, this is a very sharp update on author's note. There's the chapter below.

Where do I start from? Okay here...

So...guys... As most of you have already known, and will later know, and knowing right now that I've written this book on WPS, so what I'm trying to say is that.. inshallah, in some months later, perhaps next year or so, I might publish this story either traditionally or self-publishing, whichever God helps me with. So, that's it for this book. Within The Cave-Originals and the other four series.

Plus people, please do try to help me out. There's this new book I'm writing. Yeah, I know I'll be so occupied, with my exam coming in about three weeks...so the book's named Untamed Nocturnals.

I'll start writing the book here on Wattpad so that you'd be able to have a taste of it before I sign it exclusively with Dreame — and I know the meaning of signing with them, so I'm certain with that decision — and won't be able to post it anymore here on Wattpad. So once I'm signed, or in the process of signing, I'll stop updating here. So I need you guys help to help me out...I'll tell you how you can help me later.. but first of all, you can start by  reading. So, I'll take your leave for now. 👈👈👈

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

"I'm..." he squeezes his face. We both share the frustration, "...so cruel. Stay away," he snaps his finger to call my attention and I look him straight in his eyes, "you shall stay faraway."

"I can't. I don't think so. See? Your eyes have changed again. Tell me what's wrong, maybe I can help. You never knew. I don't want to entertain any nonsense and fantasy thoughts so, please tell me. I promise, I'll try to help."

I feel desperate to a guy I'm just talking to for the first time and making myself cheap before him but it doesn't concern me. I want to know him. The urge is irresistible. I never realize it until present.

He takes a towering steps towards me that my head reach his cleavage. My breath hitches and speeds up my heart rate and nerves and blood circulation. My face burns up with colours. He's different — so, so different from other guys I've met. Maybe it's because he's different from the races of human guys.

We're just inches away from impact. If I could only lean closer, I'd feel his warmness. I made a small move towards him but, felt coldness instead... but it was able to warm me up, sending heat waves in me. His coldness isn't uncomfortable, instead it is like a cold, refreshing soda to be taken after a bicycle marathon ride in a summer season.

"What I can tell you," he gulps, I hear it. Is he restraining something? His eyes closes and when he opens them, a dark shade of blackness has covered his now dark brown lens. They are changing once again with each emotions, "is to leave, forget, and stay faraway from me or else, you'd get hurt or killed. You don't want that, do you? Go home, Rayne. Your mother will get worried if you get home late. I'm a killer."

"What do you mean by that?"

"What it sounds like."

"You just want to frighten me. You are not. You are not a killer. You have a good side."

Before I could face palm to stop the tears, it has fallen. I sob into my palms. Why do I feel very emotional being with him? Why does his words make me cry?

I raise my gaze and look around me. I'm all alone. He's gone.

Why does he not want me to help him? Am I that hate-worthy to him? Why does he not look like the nineteen he is? Why is he so ancient and antique? But most especially, why does he have to leave?

With an unenthusiastic and exasperated slouched shoulders, I open the front door into the house.

Mom's figure comes right into my view— in a very much awake state. She has a bowl of ice cream on her hands as she's sitting on a cushion, opposite the 42 inches TV— even as a professional medical practitioner, mom doesn't care eating many ice creams. And luckily for her, she doesn't add any weight. She's not obese in any way.

Her eyes dart up and her posture changes when she sees me — a tender, and worry look paints her wrinkled forehead, trying to decipher what is wrong with me.

"Rayne?" The uncertainty clarifies itself in her tone. "Are you okay?"

She drops her spoon and shift fully to me.

"No, mom." I stare ahead of me and after a while I continue, "he will not win. I won't let him. I don't care about any embarrassment that may come from it but I won't stop. I'll do every research to know what he's hiding."

I breath out and grasp myself from crying in front of mom.

"Okay?" Mom's dubious voice says and she nods, continuously, "mind if I know who you're talking about?"

"Don't worry, mom. It is unnecessary."

"I will manage to forget it, but if anything comes up again, you must let me know things." I start to stride to the stairs when she adds, holding out her bowl of half-melted ice cream towards me, "do you want some ice creams?"

I shake my head without giving her a glance and walk to my room — my shoes, tapping angrily on contact with the wooden steps.

***
Thanks for reading. Laters people. Vote and comment and share. #muah. Much love.