Chapter 24

"What?"

"You know him before or what? He just winked at you." Shade points, right away. She and her inquisition. Can't I just avoid them for a day?

"Carl," I breath, "his name is Carl Wildlings." Then, I feel the need to clarify more.

"We both attended the same grade school and junior high school in New Zealand but then, he didn't stay long before he traveled to another country." I think it was Morocco. "Morocco or something."

"Oh, I see. Is that all you know about him?" Ask Mia this time.

"No," before they get their hope of gossiping high, I add, "that's all I wish to share. To class, girls."

Luckily for me, to accomplish my escape, the bell rings, indicating the earlier instruction I gave.

I turn to my class and stride to it.

So ungrateful, the class doesn't last long before it finishes. Most students are already sleeping but for me, I love the way the biology teacher had explained things. It was unlike the way he used to—which is obviously boring, or maybe it was truthfully boring and I just want to jolly up my day by focusing on academics instead, to forget about the series, including the other bad boy, Nicklaus.

Nicklaus? How did I know his name? My head burns with that question. I can't remember from any event where I had heard or knew his name from.

I manage with a dull spirit to stir off the thought from me and lace the handle of my bag across my shoulders and gait to the lunchroom.

It's crowdy with folks chatting as usual, I wander to our table to find Shade and Mia, concentrating on a picture-size frame.

I take my plate and start to pick up food when I mistakenly, nudge my hand against a breakable glassy dish. Instinctively, I bend to catch it but I know on a thoughtlet side of mine that it's impossible but reversely, made possible when a hand picks it up for me.

Olive, tanned skin, I accumulate when our hand brushes. I feel the warmness, it's strange. Gradually, I raise my gaze and come face-to-face with Carl. He's no less of a handsome from close-up.

I collect the dish from him, still stunned by his stunt and place it back upon the table.

"Um..thank you."

"It's nothing, " he pauses and waits for a second, "Rayne, correct?" His accent is thick and rich of a particular place. His voice doesn't sound this way few years back but again, we've met since a long time. Perhaps he's changed.

"Yes," I wait it out for a brief while, "and you are Carl? Carl Wildlings?"

"Exactly." He scoffs and helps me pick the ketchup. I murmur a thank you. "I didn't know you'd still remember me. It's being long."

"Long time, no see. You just vanished." He chuckles, "you traveled out of New Zealand or what?" I ask even as I have already knew.

"Something like that. But I didn't vanish," it's my turn to snicker, "I changed location because of some family private matters."

"Oh." I say with awe and since I've picked everything I need, I face him, my plate in front of me, grasped in my hands at its sides.

***
Thanks for reading. I appreciate it guys. Much love from my heart. Please don't forget to vote. And if u can, comment and correct me on mistakes.

Yeah! I know I make a lot in this book, but this is my rough draft though. The much more edited one is on WPS, where the book's already at 85000 and more words. I'm only posting it here little by little. I would have finish the book, but due to my upcoming exam, I seem not to be able to write. So later guys. I'm talking too much. He...he...#muah....