Chapter 14

I feel as if the memories are on the tips of my tongue, but I couldn't narrate them out to myself. I glance at the window, looking out into the woods. The woods are clear, making scenery a possible and easy thing to do. I watch for minutes — five, I assume, but notices nothing.

I turn to the bathroom's door, opening it, I quickly have a quick shower, dry my hair with a plain, emerald green towel, and brush my teeth. Getting in front of the mirror, I comb my hair, then, wear it to a bun, using an hair tie to hold it, firmly. The way I wear my hair brings out the silver gray colour of my eyes, ravishingly. The sun only helps in adding more to my beauty as I'm in a purple, knit-made sweater, rolling it up to my elbows, and silver white trouser. I slip into my flip-flops and walk out the room to the kitchen.

On the mosaic counter is Hayden, packing baked fish into two porcelain plates, and a pack of sliced bread on another plate. I smile, approaching her to help out. I take the plate of bread from her.

"Now you are in a much better state. This is a good Rayne." She smiles me a crook smile. She continues to lead the way to the living area.

"Sorry, I went out of league earlier. I'm myself now."

"Well-" She pauses, taking her seat. She lays the plates on the black-tinted, glassy, center-table, and I do the same, placing the sliced bread on it. "-at least you are okay now. That is all that matter."

"Was school canceled?" I change the topic. Hayden is suppose to be at school. Oh, no. Don't say it is because of me — that can't be why she'd stay behind, right?

Hayden doesn't answer straightforwardly, taking her plate of baked fish, a fork, and picked two slice of bread from the plate. I watch her movement, waiting for answer, more importantly.

"No. Not even if there is an earthquake. If there is no classroom, I'm sure Franklin will find a way to make us come to school." She turns the topic into a facetious matter. I frown at her, but she doesn't notice. She laughs more, and stop after a while.

"Didn't you hear the name 'Franklin'. It's all about being frank." She states, jocularly.

"Hayden."

"Oh, sorry. School wasn't canceled. I didn't feel like going so, I stayed behind, and came to check you when I notice the door was unlocked. Since you can't remember, I won't ask anything on it." She explains. Assuming I came home myself, it won't be possible that I would leave the door unlocked. I always lock the door for least security.

I pick a slice of bread to the plate, place it beside the the grilled fish of mine, and eat it. Hmm. Delicious. My subconscious comments. I must agree with her.

"You are a great cook."

"Don't."

"Don't what?"

"Anyways, do you have anything you are going to do for today?" Hayden ask, changing the topic. I feel intrigue by the way she speaks as if she wants my time.

"No, nothing. Do you?"

"Yeah." She drops her plate down onto the glassy table. "There's a night party tonight. It will be fun. I promise."

"Aren't they all fun and etch with promises?" I ask, daunting.

"Oh, those..." She trails off. "Oh, I promise, this will be interesting. Please, don't say no." Hayden is actually begging me. Her hands clasped together.

"I want to visit mom at the hospital. You know, prepare her some food." I say, almost giving in earlier until this thought beams on me.

"Okay, we can. When do you want to visit her?"

"By night. Maybe eight?" I question instead. Hayden goes thoughtful, not minding me. Her hands are on her jaw, her eyes are raised heavenwards. She snap her fingers at me out of the blue, and I make a playful, dumb expression.

"We will get away from the party earlier, by seven-thirty or before, then, we would take my car to her place." Hayden explains her undeniably, beautiful plan.

"Why are you always so smart when trying to convince someone?"

"Some talents, maybe."

"Okay, let's do this. We are going to be preparing fried rice, there's chicken in the fridge, and fruit juice. That will help rejuvenate her from her hard-works. I will also use that opportunity to know if mom knows anything about the incident."

"Sounds like a good plan." Hayden agrees, picks up her plate, and eats. I giggle at her, finding it contractable, she joins me.

"Let's get wild, isn't that how it's said?"

"Oh, yes. You drink."

"A bit. If the place gets too crowdy, I might leave without even telling you." I warn.

"Okay, ma'am." Hayden says, laughing. I brush her off, focusing back on eating.

***
Vote and comment and share. Thanks for reading. Much love. @SanusiAdemola. My second account. Check it out. Thanks.

Within The Cave- Originalsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें