Kabanata 19

Atlas's POV

It's been a week since Harper went back into the army. Until then, she was not answering my calls. Even my messages are just seened.

I wonder why?

I thought we were okay now. Broken pieces in our selves became one again. I thought we're happy.

I thought she was happy.

And I'm here at my desk, staring at my phone for minutes. Waiting. Just incase she'll call me.

"Still no call?" Diana asked. Ni hindi ko napansin na pumasok siya rito sa aking office.

She stood properly before giving me a salute. I saluted her back.

"No replies?" She asked again.

I just shaked my head. Signaling her no.

"Maybe, she's just busy? You know. Dalawang buwan rin siyang hindi nakabalik..like you said." She explained. Lumapit ito kasabay nang paglapag niya sa isang folder saking lamesa.

I sighed.

Maybe I'm just too anxious?

And maybe she's just really busy.

"Those are the information of the new students. They have started their training." Ani Diana. Tumango tango ako habang tinitingin isa isa ang mga bagong miyembro ng Air Force.

We've been receiving new students since kakagraduate lang ng mga ilan. Trainings and flying the jets are what they should do now.

"Anyways, Marshall is one of the instructor. For now." Sambit nito. Few seconds then she sighed.

"You shouldn't isolate yourself, Commander." Dagdag nito at tumayo. Mukhang aalis na.

Magsasalita pa sana siya nang biglang padabog na bumukas ang pintuan. Colt appeared with a worried and confused look.

"Commander!?" Hingal na hingal siya pagkalapit niya.

"Are you a dog?" Diana teased him.

"You– you should see the news!" Si Colt. Tsaka tinuro ang malaking screen namin sa lounge area.

Tumayo ako at aakmang lalabas na sana nang tumunog ang aking phone. Nagmadali akong kunin at sagutin iyun. I thought it was my wife.

But it's my sister. Aster.

I answered the call before I went out. I suddenly remembered that she didn't contacted us for months.

"You should'nt chillin' around Lieutenant." Colt replied to Diana. Annoying each other again.

I answered the call immediately. Magsasalita na sana ako nang sumigaw ito.

"You jerk!?" She shouted.

"What now? I'm busy–"

"Harper is in danger!" She shouted again. I can feel her voice, shaking. With a worried face but sharped eyes. Ready to kill someone.

As I look at the news in the screen, my world stops.

"The City of allied country Denvers, has been attacked."

"Citizens have been shot–"

"The sacred church and bridges are destroyed due to bombs."

"Ministers of other allied country has been ambushed–"

I stared and saw the video footage of how the terrorist attacked the places. Bombs are exploding. Bridges are teared down. The famous sacred church is totally wiped out.