Kabanata 33

Harper's POV

Few months after. Well, almost a year now.

I've been still, practicing. Of walking, gripping and holding things, and speaking of words that I can't literally say whenever I want to talk of something. The doctor said that all of this caused by my situation since the hostage happened.

I was so lucky that my body healed once and for all. Specially that my mentality is so strong that I did not give up after everything that happened and what is happening right now.

They said that all of my bruises, huge wounds, and pain that I've felt after became the cause of not walking properly. Hands and fingers are shaking 'cause of the body that drained too much that almost did not take the pain anymore. And stutter words coming from my mouth because of the trauma.

That, explained it why.

A month later and my words came back. But I'm still working with my hands though. Hindi parin kasi ako makahawak at mahigpitan ng maayos ang mga bagay bagay. But I can lift a pen or a small book now.

I nodded when Colonel Walker visited into my room to checked my condition.

"How's Stephen?" I asked him for the third time.

"He's been doing fine now. His arm is almost healed by the way." Aniya.

Nalaman ko kasi na halos hindi na niya maigalaw ang isa niyang kamay. Like mine, hindi rin siya makalakad ng maayos. He attended his rehab for months para maging okay uli.

As I witnessed what happened back then, they turtored him a lot. Marami ring dugo ang nawalan sa kaniya kagaya 'ko. His body became weak, but now recovering. We just need a few more months or a year or two. Para mabalik muli sa dati ang lakas at sarili namin.

Saglit lang si Colonel nang bumisita siya sakin. Marami na kasi raw silang inaasikaso since some of our unit was compromise. Pinag-uusapan rin kung ano na nga ba ang dapat gawin at kung paano matutulungan ang ibang bansa na kaalyansa lalo na ang Denvers.

Marami ring naganap since some of tge Prime Minister in the allied countries died in the incident. Maraming nagluksa at nagduda.

I think some of the countries withdraw. Ayaw nang makipag-alyansa. But the government working on it.

Colonel also said that all of the terrorist are in jail now..forever.

But some of the mastermind are still out there. Eliot found it something that someone is behind the screen. I don't know what it is but he is very certain of it.

Knowing him, it is accurate.

The next day, Milo came with Maia. Binigyan nila ako ng prutas at iba pang makakain gayong wala si Atlas dahil nasa Air Force ito. They explained the situation and decisions that the upper heads wants and of what they have decided.

"So?" I asked.

"Alpha team will be disband." Si Maia. I sighed as soon as I heard their decision.

"But we'll join the Delta Team once the papers and trainings are settled." Aniya.

"Trainings?" Pagtataka 'ko. Bigla akong natawa at napailing-iling.

They will give us trainings?

"I know right? We're the fucking Alpha Team tapos may training parin tayo? Like what the-"

"Maia, language." Si Milo nang lumingon ito sa kanya. Umirap lang si Maia.

"What? Hindi ka ba napapagod, huh? Training na naman Milo! Trai-ning!" She almost yelled at him. Tumawa ako nang nakitang naiirita siya magiging sitwasyon namin.