SPECIAL KABANATA 2

THE ENDING.

Harper's POV

Present Day

Few Months have passed. There's so much changed and changes in our circle. With our duties and responsibilities that we always do everyday, from incredible jobs to reality of our lives.

The position that we've earned so many years: with sacrifices and troubles, just to get the higher, and expected the right position for ourselves that we knew we deserved.

Missions and troubles that we've encounter so many years, are now gone but will always be there in our memories.

The Alpha Team of the secret service of special forces in the Idaho Army base is now legit, disbanded.

Milo and Keegan joined the Delta team, who is incharge for rescuing which is also for lower case unit only.

Who also incharge for locals and for the people.

While Maia and Eliot are around Ohio, who is currently living as normal person like me.

People who have normal jobs and the normal cycle of their life.

But I think Eliot will join the Delta team very soon, once he set his mind.

Right now, I'm just an architect who have so many projects and plans to do with buildings and residences that I've received. Ganoon rin si Maia since pareho kami ng course na kinuha.

We also had this project na partners kami for a reason. In fact, natapos namin iyun within months. Kaya ngayon ay may panibago na namang project sa isat-isa.

I was busy, sketching some layouts here at my study table when I heard Atlas's voice. He groaned when he realize I was not at his side.

"Baby, it's four in the morning." Aniya.

Pero ako ay nakatutok parin sa aking ginagawa. I grabbed the eraser and redo the outline again.

Then I heard some foot steps coming.

Tila palapit ito sa akin.

Then I felt his kisses into my neck down to my shoulder.

"C'mon, let's go to bed. You can finish that later." Paglalambing nito sakin.

I smiled bago lumingon ito sa kaniya.

"You go first. I just need more minutes." Kako at pinagpatuloy muli ang pag-drawing.

Aakmang kukunin ko na sana ang mga markers nang agad niya akong binuhat. Napatili tuloy ako dahil sa gulat.

"Atlas, stop! I need to finish that draft atleast today." Natatawa kong sambit.

Dahan dahan niya akong binaba sa kama.

"Not today." Aniya tsaka ako inulanan ng halik sa mukha.

I chuckled when I felt his lips.

Hanggang sa nagkatinginan kami mata sa mata.

We were just staring at each other for a second. Then he pressed his lips into mine, gently.

All I could think that time is the happiness that I've never felr before. Of course, I'm happy when I was in the army. But the love that you have been chasing all along, is different.

A month later, we got married again, for real. In a sacred church with our family and closed friends. It's an intimate wedding, actually. Then went into the east side near at the beach for our honeymoon.

Napamulat ako nang maramdaman ang pag-vibrate ng aking phone saking tabi.

Atlas is still sleeping, beside me. Wrapping his arm into my tummy.

I rubbed my eyes when I saw who is calling.

It's Maia.

"Hello?" Kako nang sinagot ang tawag.

"Maia? What's wrong?" I asked.

Nagising si Atlas at nagtatakang napatingin sakin.

"Harper." Tawag sakin ni Maia.

Napaupo tuloy ako sa kaniyang boses.

"The army contacted us." Panimula nito.

Kunot ang noo 'kong napatingin kay Atlas.

Atlas looked at me like he wants to know what is happening.

"What's wrong?" Atlas whispered.

"Okay?" Tila wala akong masabi. It's been a year or two since I heard the word 'army'.

I pressed the speaker para marinig ni Atlas.

"The army said, that they needed us. Asap." Si Maia.

Nagkatinginan kami agad ni Atlas.

I bite my lips for a second before I answered.

"We can...decide to go or not to, right?" I asked her.

"Yes, yes. We can. But I think all of us five should talked in person. Because they're talking about the former Alpha team." Maia explained.

Napaupo si Atlas tsaka ako hinarap.

"Okay, I'll– I'll call you later." Kako bago binaba ang tawag.

Hindi 'ko alam kung bakit pero ang tagal narin kasi. But I got a little bit excited when I heard that they needed us again.

Tumingin ako kay Atlas.

Then he smiled and nodded at me.

"That's your world before I enter into your life. If you want to go, I always here to support you. Whatever your decision is." Iyun agad ang sambit nito.

"I will always wait for you at our door after your missions. If there's a mission again." Aniya at kinuha ang aking kamay para halikan ito.

Natawa tuloy ako.

I smiled at him and kissed his cheeks.

People spend the rest of their lives of doing the things that made us happy in order to be satisfied. But for me, we also should think that, sacrificing that thing means: you needed the new one to be with and to be your last. And to know that it is all worthy to live on for the rest of our lives.

Love, in any aspects. From passion to your loved ones.

In short: happiness.

***

End

***

Atlas's

I was just staring my ring when someone knocked at my door. Colt showed up here in my office while smiling.

"She's the one right?" He asked.

"She's the girl that you have been talking about. The girl when you were in college."

I looked at my ring again then nodded.

The wedding just finished the other day.

"Atleast I could see her now, whenever I get home." I almost whispered.

***