Podrick Payne X Reader - I Turn To You

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'I Turn To You' by Christina Aguilera. I just really wanted to create something soft and sweet for Valentine's Day. It's really short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

It was pretty rare for King's Landing to be hit with a thunderstorm. They came once or twice a year, and usually drifted by pretty quickly, headed for more tropical climates. But tonight, it seemed the rain intended on sticking around longer than usual, the lightening flashing so bright that it cast shadows around your bedchambers in petrifying bursts. 

The sound of the thunder had woken you up as soon as it had begun, your shutters clattering against one another as the wind attempted to fight it's way into your room. There was no way you would be able to sleep now, you had known it the moment you had regained your surroundings. 

At first, you had attempted to calm yourself with a book, but your candle had fluttered in the sharp breeze that slipped through any little gap it could find, and eventually, your eyes had grown tired from straining in the fading light. 

Eventually, with your heart racing, you had made a final decision. There was only one place you would truly feel comfortable with all the noise outside, and it was about time for you to give in and make your way there. 

You wrapped yourself up tightly in your robe, padding barefoot through the halls and praying that no one would find you wandering. If you were seen, there would be questions, and if your destination was discovered you would be in far more trouble than it would be worth.

When you finally reached the door, you paused for a moment. There was every chance that Pod would still be asleep. Gods, he was one of the heaviest sleepers you had ever met. You took a deep breath as you knocked lightly, pressing the door open and slipping through the gap into the darkness. 

"Pod?" His name slipped out of you as a whisper, barely loud enough to be heard with straining ears, let alone a dead-to-the-world sleeper. "Pod," you repeated a little louder, pressing the door closed behind you and padding a little closer to his bedside. 

He released a soft grumble as you knelt on the mattress, shifting him slightly as the bed dipped. "Y/N?" There was the most perfect look of confusion painted on his face. You were never one to show up unannounced, and he couldn't help but worry as you frowned down at him. "What's happened?" 

You shook your head as he sat up, his eyes running over your for any sign of pain or discomfort. "Nothing," you uttered softly, nudging him over slightly to climb into bed beside him, tucking yourself into his side. 

"Are you sure you're-"

"I couldn't sleep," you interrupted, burrowing closer into his as he wrapped an arm around you. "Thunder was too loud." 

You glanced up at him just in time to see a small smile pull at his lips. "You scared of the thunder, Sweetness?"

"Not scared," you grumbled, but he quickly soothed you with a kiss to the top of your head. "It was louder in my chambers," you added softly, your smile returning as you wrapped himself around you fully, pulling the covers up over you. 

He hummed a noncommittal answer, tucking your head into his chest. "Well, it's quiet now," he uttered. "Try to get some sleep." 

You nodded your agreement, letting your eyes drift closed. His chambers really were a lot less loud, the sound of the storm muffled slightly. And with his arms wrapped around you, there was no doubt in your mind that you felt more comfortable; safer. Perhaps sleep wouldn't be as impossible as you had first thought.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x