Jaime Lannister X Tyrell!Reader - How Do You Sleep? (Part Two)

A/N - This chapter follows picks up from where the one before left off. I hope you all enjoy it.

You'd managed to avoid Jaime as you packed up your things, tiptoeing around Mica's chambers whilst he slept, looking so peaceful that you felt a little guilty for uprooting him so suddenly. It wasn't as if you had been given much choice, though, and you had reminded yourself of as much time and time again as you bundled his clothing haphazardly into a chest. 

He would settle eventually, once he got used to being back at Highgarden, and he would love it, you were certain of as much. The gardens there were like a child's paradise, and you had spent many a day running through them when you had been his age. But, as any child would, he would miss Jaime, and Seven Hells, it made you feel sick thinking about lying to him about why he wouldn't be able to see him anymore. 

Once the chests were packed, and your maids had been informed of the sudden shift in your plans, you had sat beside Mica's bed, writing a note to your mother informing her that you would be coming to visit. There was only so much you could put in a letter, really. If it were to fall into the wrong hands, the rumours would only spread, and you and your son would be drawn into all of it. So you opted to keep it simple, knowing that you could explain once you arrived. 

And then, once the letter had been sent, you had waited, sitting in complete silence in the pitch-black room, praying that the sun would rise sooner rather than later, and you could begin your journey home. 

*Time Skip*

You had only been back in Highgarden for a couple of days when your mother had received a letter from Jaime, asking whether you had returned to your childhood home. She'd been vexed by the note, pacing as she waited for you to finish reading it.

"He's got a lot of nerve," she told you, her face all pinched with frustration. "Searching for you when he knows exactly why you don't want to be found; especially by him." It was a little shocking to see how up in arms she was getting. 

When you had first married, she had loved Jaime, welcoming him with open arms and a loving heart, and now, she was getting so worked up that you were beginning to worry about her health.

"Mother-" you sighed softly, drawing her attention over to you.

"I'll write back and tell him to never communicate with us again-"

"Mother," you started again. "Just tell him you don't know where we are," you pressed. "If he knows that we're here, he'll show up unannounced, and then how am I supposed to explain that to Mica?" You paused, shaking your head. "How would I ever be able to make him understand that his father is here, but he isn't allowed to see him?"

Your mother frowned, letting out a soft grumble. "I should've married you off to Lord Stark's youngest before he joined the Nights Watch," she muttered. "That family were far too honourable to ever do something like this, and you would've had such a lovely life-" Her words trailed off when you let out a soft chuckle. 

"Benjen Stark wasn't the heir to the house; It wouldn't have made any sense for me to marry-"

"But you would've been happy," she interrupted, looking so forlorn that it caught you off guard. "He would've respected you, and you never would've had to live in that wretched city, and he would never have dreamt of doing something so foul-"

"Mother, please," you murmured, causing her to fall silent. "This doesn't help anyone."

*Time Skip*

A week later, you had been sitting filing through the mail when a guard had come jostling into the dining hall, drawing your attention up to him. 

"Good morning, M'lady," he started, swallowing down the lump in his throat and looking completely out of his element. 

"Good morning-" you started hesitantly, your brow furrowing when he struggled to maintain your eye contact.

"There's a man at the gate to see you, M'lady."

"Did he give you a name?" 

He swallowed again, nodding slightly. "He did, M'lady."

"And what name was that?"

"Jaime Lannister, M'lady." 

You sat up a little straighter in your seat, clearing your throat. "And did you tell him that I was here?"

"None of us knew who he was, at first, M'lady. When he asked to speak with you, one of the younger boys, Connor's his name, he made a comment about how you were far too busy to be taking visitors-"

A soft sigh slipped out of you as you got to your feet. "Right," you murmured, brushing your skirt with your palms in an attempt to smooth out any wrinkles. "In future, please remind your men to keep their opinions to themselves," you added. 

"What am I to tell your husband, M'lady?" 

"Nothing," you started. "I'll meet him at the gate and I can tell him myself."

In all fairness to the guards, when you had approached the front gate, Jaime hadn't looked like himself. He'd let his beard grow out, completely changing the appearance of his facial features, and his armour was missing.

"Y/N," he breathed out, looking completely lost as he moved closer to the gate, his eyes set so firmly on you that it was a little uncomfortable. "I needed to see you," he pressed on. "Where's Mica?"

"Mica is none of your concern," you uttered, attempting to plaster on a hardened expression whilst you were practically screaming inside. "Neither of us are," you added, watching as his shoulders slumped. 

"I need you, Sweetness-"

The glare you fixed him with silenced him before he could continue with his sentence. "You don't need me," you disagreed. "You're just worried that now that I'm gone, people will realise what you've been doing."

"No," he cried out. "I love you."

"If this is how being loved feels, then I would rather be dead than loved by you." 

Jaime's entire body froze at your comment, his brow furrowing as you stared at him. "Please," he murmured, his voice softer. "Just let me see Mica-"

"Mica is better off here, without you. He has good role models here. He mas my father and he has Mace. He even has other children to play with; he's been getting on well with his cousins," you told him. "He hasn't even asked after you since we've arrived."

"No-"

"Cersei needs you. Joffrey needs you. Mica and I do not." You paused for a moment. "Please, don't come here again. You aren't welcome."

You gave a short nod in his direction before turning and heading back inside, leaving him lingering by the gates. In all honesty, you weren't sure how much longer he waited, praying that you would eventually return and change your mind. But no matter how long he stayed, you were never going to cave to him. Not anymore.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x