Theon Greyjoy X Baratheon!Reader (Modern AU) - Just You and I

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Just You and I' by Tom Walker. It takes place in a blissful modern world where Covid-19 never happened. I hope you all enjoy it. 

"Long distance relationships are destined to fail, you know?" You released a deep sigh, grabbing one of the pillows from the sofa and launching it at your housemate. She squealed as it smacked her in the face, looking over at you to see a scowl on your face. "I'm just trying to be realistic. I don't want you getting too involved and then getting hurt when it doesn't work out." 

You rolled your eyes at her comment, continuing with the speed clean you were currently giving your apartment. It had been three months since Theon had last been able to make the trip to see you, and there was nervous energy that seemed to be hanging in the air around you. "I'm not going to get hurt," you muttered, knocking her feet off of the coffee table and slumping onto the sofa beside her. "We've talked about it already. Once he's done with uni he'll be moving down here anyway, and then it won't be long distance." 

"That's a year away," she started again, a small frown on her lips. "And what, you'll see each other four times in that year? Is that really what you want?" 

You shrugged slightly, a small smile coming to your lips. "I want Theon. What does it matter if the start's a little different?" 

Your friend snorted with laughter, shaking her head. "That's the cheesiest thing I've ever heard," she teased, rolling off of the sofa and onto her feet. As she made her way over to the kitchen, there was a knock on the door, and you leapt up, hurrying over to open it. 

Theon looked as handsome as ever, his hair a little messy from his day of travelling, and he had a smile plastered on his face as you launched yourself at him, knocking him back a couple of steps as he dropped his bag to the ground. 

"Hey, Princess," he uttered, pressing a kiss to the side of your head as you burrowed into him, taking a deep breath in an attempt to commit his smell to memory. It was strange, of all of the things you had expected to miss in your time apart, scent had never crossed your mind, but the second he was gone, you had noticed how important it was to you. 

He chuckled as you pulled away slightly, grinning up at him. "Hey," you murmured, pulling him down for a proper kiss. "I missed you," you mumbled against his lips.

"I missed you too." For a moment, it was as though he had never been gone, as he lifted his hand to run over your cheek. "Almost forgot how pretty you were," he added, causing a snort of laughter burst out of you as you shook your head.

"Idiot," you muttered, giving him another kiss before pulling away to lead him into your apartment. It seemed your housemate had made a hasty escape into her room whilst your backs had been turned, leaving the space empty.

Theon left his bag next to the door, following you through into the kitchen and watching as you pulled two bottles of beer out of the fridge, accepting one from your outstretched hand with a smile. "Thanks," he uttered, his eyes following you closely as you took a sip from your own bottle. "It still feels so surreal when I get to actually see you in person, you know?" 

"Yeah, I know," you answered softly, shifting to tuck yourself into his side, happy to be in his embrace. 

"As soon as I book in a trip it's like I'm a kid waiting for christmas. God, not just christmas. Christmas, Halloween, and my birthday all rolled into one. I barely sleep because I'm so excited to see you."

A smile pulls at your lips as his hand ran down your spine, such a simple gesture, but one that had always been so comforting. "I'm the same," you told him. "The second you leave I'm figuring out how long it'll be until I get to see you again." 

Theon leant in to press a kiss to the top of your head. "What if I told you this would be the last time we had to feel that way?"

Your brow furrowed as you shifted to glance up at him. "I don't understand-"

"I'm thinking of transferring for my final year." He paused for a second, watching as you stared up at him with wide eyes. "I want to be closer to you," he added softly as a smile bloomed on your lips. 

"That sounds like a good idea," you started, wrapping your arms around his middle, your chin resting against his chest. "I can't wait to see you for more than a week at a time," you mused, letting out a soft chuckle when his free hand shifted to hold you close to him. 

"We'll get to be one of the long distance success stories," he murmured.

You released a faux gasp. "(Roommates name) will never believe it," you teased, biting down lightly on your bottom lip. 

"You know," he uttered softly, leaning down and lowering his voice to a whisper. "She scares me a little bit." 

You fought to hold back a laugh, keeping your face serious. "She should. If you ever hurt me she would think of a very good punishment for you." Theon looked a little startled at your comment, until a cheeky smile shifted on your face, drawing out one of his own.

"That was mean," he murmured, leaning down to pull you into a gentle kiss. "God, I love you."

 Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x