Gregor Clegane X Lannister!Reader - Assassin

A/N - This chapter was sort of inspired by the song Assassin by Muse, but actually looking back it totally isn't and I was just listening to that song a lot. I hope you all enjoy it.

You had never truly seen eye to eye with Cersei. Everything she had ever achieved had been handed to her on a plate by your father, and it had definitely driven a stake between the two of you. Of course, you had never understood why he had chosen her when putting forward a wife for the new king. Not that you were complaining; Robert was an oaf, but being married to him had made your sister Queen. Perhaps it was jealousy, deep down. You wanted to wield the power she held. You wanted to be in control. And she had been given everything you had ever longed for without ever having to lift a finger.

You'd moved to King's Landing when she had, sitting in on court as often as you could and listening to every word that was said. Hoping, perhaps, that if you listened for long enough you might just be able to hear something that would change everything. 

It seemed that Cersei had taken note of your lingering, however, and she wasn't too pleased by what she had seen. You sat with a face like thunder most days, staring straight forward, and if she didn't know better she would think you were possessed by some sort of dark creature. You showed no enjoyment of your time at all. Just pure concentration. Pure focus. 

Usually, you wouldn't have minded a little bit of criticism from your sister, either. Quite often, when she was berating you for something, you were almost certain she was giving you more reason to continue. But when you'd overheard her talking to Jaime about how your behaviour was bordering on deranged, you were less than happy.

"She sits there like a statue, just listening, waiting for someone to slip up," Cersei had murmured. "And with each passing day, she gets closer and closer to becoming a total raving lunatic. People will start talking-"

"Father will know how to deal with her."

"She needs to take a husband now before it's too late. Hopefully, it will be enough to rein her in and she'll stop with this ridiculous performance she's been putting on."

"Father will-"

"Father has never intervened before," Cersei bit out, shutting Jaime up before he could finish his sentence. "He does not see her as we do. He thinks she's harmless. He thinks she needs protection from the world, but believe me, she is far more dangerous than anything he has ever faced out on the battlefield. She could ruin everything."

Jaime let out a gentle sigh, clearly frustrated with the entire conversation. "And what would you suggest? She is our sister, we can't just plot against her."

There was a moment of silence. "I want to petition Robert to have her married. I can suggest someone who will keep her in line. Someone who will take her away from the capital, where she can't do any damage. It would be best for everyone."

"Who?"

"I don't know yet," Cersei confessed. "But I'll find someone. Perhaps in the Riverlands. That way she's far enough away that she can't come back without good reason."

There was another pause in the conversation. "When you choose someone, tell me first, before you petition Robert. I won't have you marrying her to some cunt who's going to harm her."

"I'd be more concerned for her husband's wellbeing, to be honest with you. She won't be happy about it."

You'd been ready to kill her then and there. It would've been relatively easy too. No guards. No protection other than Jaime. You could slip in and stab her before either of them even knew you were there. But then, you'd felt a hand on your shoulder and you'd startled just enough to draw you out of your homicidal thoughts.

"Eavesdropping on the Queen is a criminal offence, My Lady," Gregor hummed, steering you away from your hiding spot with little effort and leading you down the hall, away from your siblings. 

"Are you going to report my crimes to my sister, Ser?" you murmured back, risking a glance up at him. 

Gregor grunted. "I'm sworn to you, My Lady. I would never turn you over to the crown," he told you, finally stopping as he reached your chamber doors. "Try to keep yourself out of trouble, My Lady. I'd hate to see your pretty head on a spike," he pressed, watching as your smile spread across your face. 

You'd always enjoyed flirting with Gregor when the other Lords and Ladies wouldn't be able to hear you. He'd been pretty easy to lure in too, behind that gruff exterior of his, he'd preened under your attention, and you'd enjoyed coaxing him into flirting back. In fact, you'd enjoyed each other's company so much that it had blossomed into something more; something romantic.

"I think my pretty head on a spike is the least of my problems at the moment, Ser," you hummed out, watching his brow furrow slightly. 

"My Lady?" he murmured, watching as you unlocked and opened your chamber door, following you closely as you marched into the room, clearly frustrated about something. "What's wrong?"

"Cersei intends to marry me off," you uttered, slumping down onto your bed. "She thinks I've gone mad," you pressed on. "So, my pretty head is likely to end up leaving the capital soon."

Gregor was frowning, watching you carefully from a distance. "Who will you marry?"

You sat up, shrugging. "It isn't decided yet."

"Oh, sweet girl," he breathed out, moving towards you and running a hand over your hair, careful not to mess up the almost immaculate style it had been pinned into. "Your father won't marry you to someone who isn't deserving-"

"My father doesn't even know," you bit out, silencing him. "She's doing it behind his back."

Gregor's jaw tightened slightly, his hand stilling against your head. "I can kill them; whoever she tells you to marry."

Your lips twitched upwards slightly at his comment, your heart clenching. There was no doubt in your mind that Gregor would kill for you. No doubt that he would go to the ends of the earth to protect you. But that didn't make the situation any easier. 

"It won't make a difference," you reminded him. "She will just keep betrothing me to new lords until one sticks. She wants me out of the capital."

He frowned for a moment. "She wouldn't be able to marry you to anyone if you were already married," he finally breathed out. "Your father already owes me a great deal; It's not unrealistic for me to marry his second daughter-"

"But my father isn't choosing my betrothed-"

"He would be if we went to him before they could choose someone else," he interrupted, his hand shifting to cup your cheek. "And then you would be my wife. And we would have to stay in the capital because that's my where I belong." 

Your tongue darted out to wet your bottom lip, your eyes meeting his. "You would be willing to swear yourself to me for the rest of your life?"

"I already have, Sweetness."

"As my sword, not as my husband."

He shrugged slightly. "I doubt it would make much difference," he hummed. "I would like to swear another oath to you if you would have me." 

You craned your neck, capturing his lips with yours for just a moment. "I'll write to my father," you hummed. "Today. Before Cersei can put her plan into place."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x